chuckakers

Found cheap Fisheye for Canon EOS

Might be useful to someone. Russian made 16mm wide angle and 8mm fisheye for Canon EOS DSLR's.

Much cheaper than name brands. Manual focus and aperature only, but could get by w/o those anyway at these focal lengths.

Might be fun to have a fisheye. Of course, cropping will still happen on anything less than full frame cameras.

http://www.rugift.com/
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

The Peleng 8mm is speciality only and shy of front mounting it you will be likly to get your helmet into the shot also. It is a true 180 degree lens that captures everything basically 10-12mm in front of the glass. Its pretty well known for having low quility coating on it that leads to strange artifacting and a thin blue ring at the edge of all of its photos. You can get it cheaper then the $400 they want there. For that price you can get a used but good condition 15mm Sigma with AF. The 8mm is wide enough that if you are not in a RW formation shooting the pictures you would have the people be very small.

The Zenitar 16mm is inferier optics compared to similar Sigma/Canon lenses. Its photos are soft and its a full manual lens only. For the price its fine but you do have to use all sorts of adaptors to get the lens to mount to the body. The build quality leaves some to be desired too since it also has been known to have uneven glass coatings and easly scratched glass.

Both lenses are a "universal mount" and you put the correct attachment on to the lens for the make of body you are using.

I looked at both as cheap options and decided I'd pick an 8mm up only if I saw it at half that price and only for speciality shots like inside freefly capturing almost the entire other jumper at arms length.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well, i have to say i really love my Peleng, but they are not easy to use and after all it is a fisheye and thats the only reason i also got the Canon 10-22.

Check out these pictures, most of them made with the 8mm Peleng.

http://coolschranxx.de/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1386&g2_page=1

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

It's common netetiquette to search before you post, and if you still want to post, to continue the older thread. But if you have a problem with common courtesy :S

My hunch was correct. You have nothing better to do.

By the way, isn't it also common courtesy to write with real words rather than incorrectly spelled, made up slang? Maybe I just don't understand "netetiquette".:ph34r:

Check out my Peleng Pics

Wow, very nice. The shot "thomas500th-Kopie.jpg " could be a contest winner.

Agreed. That picture is frackin' sweet!
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Check out my Peleng Pics

if i remember well that picture was a Photo finish in the PARACHUTIST last year
amazing pics

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Check out my Peleng Pics

Love the upper clouds in that one - they really make the shot come alive. Sweet shot...

Action©Sports

Interesting. Someone offers help or a tip and is ripped for doing so. A question is asked - and is dismissed as quickly.

Seems as of alot of the "vidiots" on this forum are more inclined to "hoard" rather than share their knowledge. Critisize rather than share information.

I have now 20 camera jumps to my credit. I have to say - I am really enjoying it. Getting memories on every skydive and learning something new.

I came here for information on a wide angle lense. This is just one of many I have read. I can honestly say, I was hoping for a more "hospitable" forum.

Can't we all just get along?

Interesting. Someone offers help or a tip and is ripped for doing so. A question is asked - and is dismissed as quickly.

Seems as of alot of the "vidiots" on this forum are more inclined to "hoard" rather than share their knowledge. Critisize rather than share information.

I have now 20 camera jumps to my credit. I have to say - I am really enjoying it. Getting memories on every skydive and learning something new.

I came here for information on a wide angle lense. This is just one of many I have read. I can honestly say, I was hoping for a more "hospitable" forum.

Can't we all just get along?

Well said.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Actually in one of the first reply posts is a ton of information, what more are you expecting? If you do a search on any of the terms there are dozens of results that one can use to start to answer their questions instead of needing to create a new thread previously answered questions.

If you think this place is hard on you if you are not searching I'm part of a few other forums that would have locked the thread after the first post with a note to use the search function and then after 24-48 hours the post would have been removed since it was previously answered.

We are more then willing to answer any questions asked as long as they are new questions. Asking "What wide angle lens do I need to use" has been asked so many times any new threads are usually only generated since the user didn't take any time to search. If the user is that lazy then why should I use my valuable time to answer their question when a more detailed answer has already been typed in the past?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

so you started camera when you had 80 jumps???
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Me too. Started jumping with a video camera at about 80. Just started using my stills.

I have a Zenitar 16mm and it does the job fine for me. I have seen a few little sun spots in a couple of shots but nothing major. I got mine 2nd hand for NZ$130.

I know guys that use them commercially and they've never had any complaints.

It seems to be an ideal starter lens. Provided you have the interest / patience / know how to get all the settings sorted.

Someone said above that you need an adapter to fit to a canon. My zenitar 16mm fits my Eos 350D fine with no adapter needed.

Me too. Started jumping with a video camera at about 80. Just started using my stills.

Yep that sounds like Queenstown!!!!!..... 80 jumps...... Why not stick a video and stills on your head...:S....
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Actually in one of the first reply posts is a ton of information, what more are you expecting? If you do a search on any of the terms there are dozens of results that one can use to start to answer their questions instead of needing to create a new thread previously answered questions.

If you think this place is hard on you if you are not searching I'm part of a few other forums that would have locked the thread after the first post with a note to use the search function and then after 24-48 hours the post would have been removed since it was previously answered.

We are more then willing to answer any questions asked as long as they are new questions. Asking "What wide angle lens do I need to use" has been asked so many times any new threads are usually only generated since the user didn't take any time to search. If the user is that lazy then why should I use my valuable time to answer their question when a more detailed answer has already been typed in the past?

How about an FAQ thread. Compile all the information in one easy to use thread. I like reading FAQ's. Saves me from asking and alot of my OWN valuable time searching through unrelated threads and posts.