Acoisa

PC 1000 Settings

No need to tape it. Manual focus it, then change the function of the wheel to white balance. It has very little effect if it gets changed by accident. Been doing that since i got my PC1000 a couple years ago and have never even found the WB setting changed by accident, but I doubt I'd notice the change in the videos if it had changed.

Dave

Thanks for the answers..

Which distance do you guys use to focus it?
If I select manual focus and select an object around 2m away, everything in the distance gets a bit out of focus..

Btw a friend told me an easier way to focus ithe pc 1000 .. select autofocus and let the autofocus focus on the object which is in the desired range, then while still aiming at the object switch to maual focus... and it will keep that focus...

I'm still not too sure about the proper distance to focus on though...

Thanks for the AE settings..

Yes ive done that too with the autofocus. seems to work the same maybe better because it is sometimes hard to get accurate focus with the viewfinders. i shoot handy so my focus is about 3 feet. I tape my zoom too.

thanks for the tip with the focus wheel and white balance. i guess i should avoid focusing indoors then putting the whitebalance on the wheel? will that screw with the whitebalance when I go outside to shoot?