herminiocordido

Ultimate Cameye

So i rigged up a screen to my googles so i can see my frame when using a helmet cam.
I have tryed paragliding flying and some jumps aswell.
it is incredible, with zoom control on your hand the shots can be really steady and to have the control on composition is amazing.

check www.thebestproductions.ca
it is under: How its Made>Behind the Scenes>Helmet Cam

There was an actual comercial solution for this that they were trying to sell back in 2003 at the WFFC and it had been around a few years at that point. In the case of the previous format they had the display so it was ring sight mounted and you just plugged it in to the video out and away you went. They wanted close to $1000+ back then so no one was buying them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

check www.thebestproductions.ca
it is under: How its Made>Behind the Scenes>Helmet Cam

Your system sounds cool in theory, but the video shown there could have been made with a simple ringsight, and isn't a really good advertisement for your unique system. Why don't you show what the frame on your goggles looks like?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Why don't you show what the frame on your goggles looks like?

I'd be more interested in seeing what the view of the real world looks like through those goggles.

Obstructing your view of reality is a deal breaker for me. I really have to survive a real skydive, getting the shot is secondary.

That looks like the eye piece made by SportVue that was initially used on the Titan that was being developed by Alti-2 awhile back. I use a high end HUD eye piece at work that flips up/down for displaying GPS data and other information while in freefall and under canopy that could be rigged up to work off a camera. However, if I had to choose which one I would use for skydiving either recreationally or for production video work, I'd choose the tried and true ring sight. As great as the electronic eyepieces are, unless you're using them in an application like I am at work, there is nothing that they do ( in a skydiving environment)that a ring site cannot do just as well or for a cheaper price tag IMO .
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

it is actually a myvu (www.myvu.com) old style screen, that i got from ebay for 150 $. i am not advertising a product, just saying that is nice to do it.

for some examples of on flight video, you can check
www.flyozone.com/because

look specifically for the 1st shot of the paraglider in the dune, (sec 39) and also the infinit tumble at sec 49

cheers

It may just be the way it's mounted on your goggles. I'd opt to mount it above my eye so I can look below it while swooping. I have my ring sight mounted like that and it doesn't come in to play at all when I swoop.

Cool set-up in any case...

Action©Sports

The good thing about my setup is that the image projected on the screen is actually in the place it would be if you didnt have the rig, so it is really instinctive to film what you are looking at.

even when you are full zoomed in i can find little objects a lot faster than if the camera was on a tripod.

Looks interesting but that big ass display blocking the view is just too much of a risk. Especially when jumping high performance canopies.

That is a legitimate issue and I was initially skeptical of having the first generation LCD screen that was not a flip up but a permanent mount on my goggles. The flip up LCD shown in the picture above can be flipped up and then it's no worries. To give you an idea what it is like, hold your index and middle fingers together and place them in front of one eye until they just touch your eyelash, thats about what it's like. The flip side of that is I have an equivalent of a 42" LCD screens worth of information in front of my eye but thats a different topic.

The bottom line is that it does obstruct your view slightly and you have to move your head more to which ever side the device is mounted on to compensate for the small blind spot it creates. Just like jumping a simple camera, it makes the skydive that more complicated, add in that it's usually night time at 18k+ feet,O2 mask and there are other jumpers with the same device in close proximity under canopy, all with 100lbs of extra gear hanging off their main lift web. Being able to flip the screen out of the way to have a normal field of view is a huge benefit. In the sports skydiving world, I see this type of device of having the potential to cause some issues for those jumping it and or those around them due to the nature of DZ traffic and people's habits in general.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Now that's what I call a CAMPOS!

Although you are wearing the wrong goggles.

Here you go, fixed it for you...

:P

HAHA...good one.:D

leroy, I think you already know where it is.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING