MB38

RED Scarlet

No, the pricing is rumored to be sub $3000,- Including a fixed lens.

This baby is amazing... RAW 100 Mb/s recording at this pricelevel...

Probably no need to take a photocamera anymore (framegrabs from RAW are probably enough)

2009 will be interesting indeed...

For me only 1 question remains... I need a new cam, do I stop video jumping for a year, or do I buy a cx7 of sr11 in between... :S

The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Don't knock it. When they *do* deliver in 2021, they'll probably have an audio package and a recording package that works, and you also get a trained technician for a week to be sure that the camera runs until he leaves.
There is a training track on the RED here at NAB, embarassing as hell for them. Even their "big name" DP is embarassed, because the system keeps dropping frames, corrupting streams, etc. One guy called it the "Charlie Chaplin camera" because of how it is reminiscent of how films were made 70 years ago.
Scarlet looks interesting, looks pretty cool, actually...but RED's reputation and hype precede them. This is one camera for which I don't want to be a guinea pig unless it's on someone else' dime.

I like the tag: SPECIFICATIONS, DELIVERY DATES AND DESIGN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE... COUNT ON IT. :D

At least someone is being honest.

Love the quote at the bottom of their page now. :D

"WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE WITH A BAD ATTITUDE". :ph34r:

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Can't help it, I spit coffee on my monitor this morning when I RED the link below, and originally wasn't gonna share. Been a shitty night, so I want a good chuckle....
RED SCARLET isn't coming on time.
Wow. Surprise, surprise, surprise!
I'm sure they'll get something out. Somewhere. With Apple plowing a fortune into it....