velocityphoto

Stroboframe ?

I have a stroboframe mount that has a stripped part on it. The little red plastic triangle shaped thing that holds the plate from sliding back and forth is stripped out and my camera is sloppy fitting. Anyone one have any old ones for parts ?
Thanks

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Upgrade to a better mount ;)

Lonnie, if you still need a part in about 2 weeks let me know, I'm putting a new top plate on my FTP with RRS clamps and might have a spare Stroboframe mount I'll ship you.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I wanted to use a gold member but i have stroboframes already for the still and my other helmet. If you can i'll take that old one Eric?
Thanks

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Lonnie, look at better mounts then the Goldmember! RRS, Kirk, Arca-Swiss, Wimberly, Manfrotto, etc for the amount and quality of gear you are hauling on your jumps.

The RRS clamps are rated 50 pounds of clamping pressure to hold your photo gear off of them at any angle you want, most the others are rated for similar. The screw will pull out of your camera before the clamp will fail and there are no spings to get dirty or plastic pieces to break/lose. I'm on a RRS kick since I've looked at others and shy of the $200 clamps there isn't much better out there.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

hey

have the same mount, had the same problem last year

i 'rebuilt' the shape of the small plastic by using really good glue (poxipol), had it like that for more than 500 jumps

as a recommendation also put some glue around the other part which was not broken so you avoid other future issues