DSE

Controller/no LANC

That thing is indeed loaded with features!

I like the zoom memory... (I lost a number of jumps to "zoom-in")

With all the connectors en possibilities I see this thing changing videography the same way the Cameye did...
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

I do think it's kinda ironic that hypeye went from not needing a control button at all to having all those features. Looks pretty cool... a bit bigger than a cameye though? Wonder how it'll fit in helmets... maybe needs to be externally mounted with some helmets?

Dave

I think you'll want to mount it externally anyway, ifyou want the video debrief.
One thing I *really* like about the unit is that it allows the camera to never be removed from a cage/box/condom, and you can do video debrief with it, external microphone input to it. I look at a guy like Velocity photo who is using a wireless, and realize how perfect this is, because it's now plugging into the housing. Nice that's got a bolt-on rather than stick-on or zip-tie mount. But it is bigger. Wish I had one to put in my helmet to try out. With mine, I'm considering putting an external 3.5mm jack on there that will pigtail off the port.

Wow.. that is loaded with some features! Has pricing been announced yet?

There is a preorder link for the Hypeye D Pro on the Get Hypoxic Website listing the price at $99 for the switch.

An additional $29 for the expansion kit which appears to add the ability to attach a bite/tounge/blow switch, Interface with the L&B Optima Audible for visual indication, adds a puch button interface and includes a debrief cable.

or you can just get the debrief cable for $10

and they have listed an estimated ship date of 9 May.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Wow.. that is loaded with some features! Has pricing been announced yet?

There is a preorder link for the Hypeye D Pro on the Get Hypoxic Website listing the price at $99 for the switch.

An additional $29 for the expansion kit which appears to add the ability to attach a bite/tounge/blow switch, Interface with the L&B Optima Audible for visual indication, adds a puch button interface and includes a debrief cable.

or you can just get the debrief cable for $10

and they have listed an estimated ship date of 9 May.

Scott

Wow.

Is this compatible with all of the Sony cameras that have the d-connector?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Spot,
Thank you for the info!
It looks very impressive. There's a whole bunch of features I wouldunt use (imagine when you lost count of the presses...). But the usual stdby/rec function, auidable connection, and the bite switch connection are very cool.
...I guess I'll stop messing with the AV2 remote,
this device is lot better, I'm sure it will be hard to compete against it in price as well.

Please see the compatibility list. Unfortunately, Not every camcorder with a D connector has the remote functionality. It is actually a fairly new interface. Glad you guys like it, its been 6 months in the making.

The key sequences really are not that bad. It looks bad in the video because I was not paying attention and missed it the first time around :). I'll fix it on the next video. I'm not an actor, just a dork trying to pay for ever increasing cost of jump tickets :)
-Trunk

HYPOXIC

I do think it's kinda ironic that Hypeye went from not needing a control button at all to having all those features.

:)
I'm all for Standby/On/Rec/Stop control, so I'm happy with this new A/V Cameye.. sorry Hypeye :)

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com

I got rid of my cam eye for the hypoxic indicator because the button switch was problematic on my cam eye. How about a D-link indicator with no switch... less to go wrong??? I don't need to make adjustments after I leave the plane. I need to fly and and snap photos.

Well, it can't hurt my situation any. I have missed my last two jumps because I cant seem to operate my camera with gloves on.

Has anyone else had these problems with the button switch?
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

I got rid of my cam eye for the hypoxic indicator because the button switch was problematic on my cam eye. How about a D-link indicator with no switch... less to go wrong??? I don't need to make adjustments after I leave the plane. I need to fly and and snap photos.

Amen. You have to reach up to push a switch anyways, why not just push the switch on the camcorder?

Very cool product, way to stay on top of the apparent coming death of LANC. Hopefully my PC-105s hold out for a little while to come, but when they go TU I'll have to rework my helmet setup, and it will probably involve one of these new indicators.

Although... ahem...

I think it's funny that your ad photo shows Sara with a hold on the flap hinge which is illegal in competition :o;)

Well this bites. Apparently, the death of LANC came earlier than expected for me. The LANC port on my A1U died, with an estimated repair cost of $500-600 (if you look at the exploded diagram, you can see why,...EVERYTHING has to come off the chassis to access this port).

I don't use it for skydiving anymore, but I do (did?) use it with a tripod-mounted zoom/record controller. Any idea if there is one of these available using the D-port? A good, variable-speed zoom controller is kinda important for other stuff I do.