Liemberg

Wide angle lense and exposure

Is it possible that a wide angle lense is disturbing for the automatic exposure? I screwed a xdream-optics 0.3x onto a Sony DRCR-PC106 and now all-of-a-sudden it seems that the auto-exposure does not work like it should.
(see att. uvs etc. 001)
I can work around it by exposing manually
(see uvs. 006) but then the image is 'underexposed' inside the plane. (see 005)
Don't need to tell you lot that adjusting right before exit is..uhm...unpractical? ;) )
Thoughts?

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

I would love to tell you I have a fix for i, but I don't.

I can, however, sympathize with you. My camera was doing the exact same thing until I accidentally knocked it off my desk. Has worked great ever since.

Edit to add: I don't think the lens had anything to do with it, as I had been jumping it for a few weeks before the exposure issues arose...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Are you positive it's the lens?

Well... I have not tested it as suchs (i.e. unscrew the lens) for that would definitly ruin the video of the next tandempassenger, so indeed it may have been something else.

Have been?

I was playing around with the setup on the ground a bit more yesterday after I posted this question here and am not able to reproduce the same effect I had in the first picture (overexposed). In fact, it seems to be working fine now in auto...

In fact, while typing this message I went out and experimented a bit more, with and without the lens.

Though I havent solved it by dropping the camera, it was not the lens - it seems.... :)
What I'm doing different now? Beats me, since it wasn't the backlight either... :S

(What was that again? The rooster is convinced it should crow in the morning, or else the sun will fail to appear?...)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...