base801

New toys questions ?????? sony HDR-UX20 and Canon D450

I Sold my PC-1000 in a mad moment so i am now in need of a new camcorder. (as my pc5 and 105 are busted.
does anyone (DSE think you have a photo of this in your CEX report from earlier in the year) know about the Sony HDR-UX20 Hybrid it has DVD,8GB internal memory(not shown as HDD) and memory stik slot
1cm narrower than the CX7 according to the specs but seems more, 100g heavier, full 1920x1080 recording and 118,000 yen which is cheeper than the 139,000 they want for the cx7. PAL version needed
wont use the DVD feature but hoped could side mount it easier than the CX7 as narrower and flatter side.
any help would be apreciated.
as im in japan and loking arround the stores i also looked at the canon 450d which is called the X2 here but alresdy have the 400D with only 700 ish photos taken by it (has not been jumped still great condition and have the box etc so could ebay it :-) ) so I NEED compelling reasons rather than just "new toys" to warrant buying this. ITS NEW and shiny are compelling reasons as is the 12MP and the dsic? picture stuff from the 40d (yes i have no idea and need to lean but looks and sounds cool on the digital photo website write ups.
but i think/know my credit cards will explode/melt down and i wont be able to jump if i blow this much :-( as i also need a new mac for the camcorder editing as mine wont do AVCHD (wont do ilife08) and I have promised my self a nice new helmet this year (as i have for the last few seasons) designed to take a video and stills (poss ff3 or ff side but thats another discussion) as mine is 8 years old and bodged together and set up for a pc 1000

thanks for any help with video camera details and resons i should or should not buy the new canon stills....

Base801