dmcoco84

Adobe Premiere Question

So, I'm trying to figure out how to have a song fade out at the point I wish music to end. I can not figure out how to do so. In effects menu, audio transition, there is nothing for fading. I've look on the net as well as in the help section and have tinkered for quite a while. I'm close to banging my head against the wall.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks
Coco

And you don't want to use the rubber band? Which version of Premiere? Depending on the version, an audio transition should be dropped on the clip, aligned to the Out point. Or, double‑click the applied transition in the Effect Controls panel and choose "end at cut"{
You can also split the clip and use the rubber band

another way of fading in or out a song (or a video opacity)

on the clip you are able to see a yellow line, this is basically your volume control. add a keyframe to this line by pressing control and click (in the same time) where you want the fade to begin, add another one at the end, then drag to 0 level the last keyframe ... this is the best to do and you will have entire control of the fading.
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

If you know Premiere, you know FCP. If you know FCP, then you know Premiere.
They're not terribly different, and both were initially coded by the same team, both attempt to emulate Avid (which is why I'm not a fan of either, but use both when forced to).
One thing I love about FCP, it increases our billable hours by a fair amount, so if a client requests we work in FCP, we do so very gladly.:D If we're on a flat fee schedule and the client doesn't request or has no say...we would never use FCP or Premiere.

Thanks for the help everyone. Another question.

Video Rendering? Was told to do this. What exactly does this do? In AP its done by pressing enter. And when done I get this:

Error Compiling movie.

You do not have permission to create and delete the output file.

Coco

Is it a big (long) video and do you have a FAT32 formatted harddrive? If so you may need a NTFS formatted drive since FAT32 has a file limit of 4gb, if you try to write a bigger file to a FAT32 drive you get error messages like "no permission" or "harddrive full".

ciel bleu,
Saskia

How do I do so in sections?

Is exporting it the same as rendering? (Not to farmiliar w/ video editing terminology) I can export it into Quicktime, avi and mpg (dvd) mpg is the only one it looks good in but is 158mb.

Also, Divx. Is that the best compression software out there?

Coco

What is your end format? Web? DVD? DV tape?
If it's for the web, you'll be best using someone else' export tools, Adobe's suck other than Flash.
For DVD, it MUST be MPEG 2, no other alternative.
Given the confusion for your file output, I'm wondering if you'd been selecting Uncompressed as your export/render format?

Web and dvd but just as a data file. I just want it to look clear, thats all...

I openned a new project. No changes in any settings from default. Added all my media and edited. Then in the top right I click export then click (one of the options)

To DVD

or
MPEG
Quicktime
Windows media Player.

When it does its think it brings up, the nhext screen it asked for size, Modem, Broadband, LAN for size of vid. Then is says rendering....

Is there something I should be doing before this part? And why are some parts fuzzy after doing so? Not terribly fuzzy but not clear. The original file looks clear though.

Coco]