freeflye73

Zkulls problem?

Hi!
I have mounted my EOS400D with Zkulls, the problem i have is that the quickpin is not tight enough to hold the camera still, it moves "Rattles".
Does anyone else have this problem?. I have e-mailed RCB-lab about this but wanted to check if anyone else has this problem , as it is now i can't use it [:/]
//JF

I had the opposite problem on my Tonfly...it was too tight. Ended up using small amount of nose oil to smooth it out. However, I've heard from a couple of other guys that they have had loose Zkull mounts too. Perhaps there was a bad/loose batch?
You might try putting a small strip of teflon tape on the threads?

The threads seems to be fine atleast they feel tight.
It's the sideway motion of the camera that worries me. It seems that the quick pin is not tight enough in the casing, it has too much play, i can move the quickpin about 1mm side to side when it is in locked postition.
//JF

OMG how pretty pic's it will be this summer with me as the subject B|

Cya when I cya man...

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Same problem with my pin, they are goïng to send me a compensator (thin layer that prevents each kind of movement). I hope it works out like that, because I allready love the helmet and dont want to send it back.
All speeding past collide and crashing, I'm in paradise.

Is there a us dealer that sells the zkulls system?
Everything i found is in foreign currency.

Para-Gear:
http://www.paragear.com/templates/base_template.asp?group=183#L5805

And I have Rawa's version on order, which are shown here. They are marketing it as a flat-top release as it won't work with their side-mount boxes yet. They are working on some changes to make that happen in the future though. I will have more photos/info as soon as my first shipment arrives:
http://rawa.com.br/ingles/acesso_base.htm

Mike
ChutingStar.com