SCOTT735

Anyone go thru AFF at West Tennessee Skydiving?

I plan to go through AFF training in Apr 2012 and have been looking into DZs near St Louis.

West Tennesse Skydiving looks like a great place to go for a week or two and get through as much of the AFF program as I can.

Anyone go through AFF there?

Not me personally, but I know the DZ well. It's an excellent choice. MichaelMullins is on here as a user. He can get you taken care of. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I plan to go through AFF training in Apr 2012 and have been looking into DZs near St Louis.

West Tennesse Skydiving looks like a great place to go for a week or two and get through as much of the AFF program as I can.

I have jumped there, but had my "D" License and numerous Instructor Ratings when I did. I would recommend it to any one who is wanting to go through AFF or do a Tandem. Plus there is tons of fun to be had there. Great people and a great location, it a bad plane too. :P

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

My home DZ. I'm biased but great place with great instructors. Have done nearly all of my jumps there. Also try to spend a little extra time there if possible to knock out your 'A' since they provide coaches free of charge. Also be sure to budget some weather time in April....The whole "April showers brings May flowers" thing.

Thanks for all the responses.
It does sound like a great place to train.

The "April showers" don't sound like a bad thing. Maybe they will soften the ground, so that combined with my newbie PLFs, I will get through learning how to land without any serious injuries:)

In my opinion, WTS would be far and away your best choice in this area of the country for what you are proposing.

I was visiting a couple of years ago when a kid from Spain was there burning through AFF and his A License jumps before returning home. The large number of instructors and the quality of the facilities, coupled with the quick ride to altitude allow the student to progress as quickly as he or she is capable of.

And as someone mentioned, the free coach jumps through the A license are a real benefit.

But why do you want to wait until April? Plenty of winter jumping as well! ;)