DSE

DROPZONE.COM FILM FESTIVAL

Question: Can I enter a video that I've already uploaded?

Answer: Absolutely. Go to your video. Click on the "Add tags" link under the video and tag your video with: videocontest01

If it's in our video section and it has that tag, then it's in the run! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Film festival???

Where's the red carpet?
The Celebrity?
..and the gossip? I want a full report on the different rigs they show up with, who designed their jumpsuits, what instruments they use and what label they prefer.

:P

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I guess I should have been more specific... I looked for a place where submitted videos would be grouped and could not find it. Is there going to be a place on dz.com to view the submissions?

Edited to add: What are the rules regarding using copyrighted music? The posted rules aren't real clear on that.

Question: How do I tag my video correctly?

Answer: Make sure you enter videocontest01 in the tag field at the bottom of the form when you submit your video

* Do NOT enter videocontest01 in the "Clip Title" field. Give your clip a cool title.
* Do NOT enter videocontest01 in the "Description" field. Tell us something about the clip.

* Take a look at the attachment below for the appropriate place to enter your tag.

Remember, you video will not be eligible if not tagged correctly. I have added some tags to videos where the tag was entered in the wrong field.

You can of course add other tags to your video as well. Look at the attachment again. Next to the tags entry field you'll see a little [+] graphic. Click on that to open another field. Enter a single tag, word or phrase, per field. You can continue to click [+] to add as many tage as you want.

Have fun! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Any chance at holding a contest like this again?

Absolutely. If the response to this contest is good we'll expand on this, find some cool prizes and maybe focus specific competitions around topics like freeflying, swooping, emergencies, bloopers.... Lot's of things we can do. For now I'm excited to see what you guys can cook up. B|
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Question: How can I see the current entries?

Answer: There are a few ways to jump to a list of the videos that has been submitted to the competition:
  1. Find the "tag cloud" on the video section main page and look for the videocontest01 tag. Click on that.

2. Also on the main video page. In the contest announcement at the top of the page there's a link to "Check out the Entries"

3. Or just click here. ;)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

As the question was asked by freeflychile, what is the situation with copywrite music? I see from some of the entries others are using that kind of music. Is that acceptable for this contest? Could you clarify this as I am sure many want to know. Thanks

This question is one for Sangiro, I haven't checked to see if the YouTube code will work, but imagine it will, or you can upload to YouTube, or better yet, upload it here.
Regarding copyrighted music; most folks here know where I stand on the subject, but this is Sangiro's contest, and I'm not going to be paying attention to copyrighted vs non-copyrighted music for this contest, as it's not part of the rules.
Regarding BASE content vs skydiving, this is an amateur skydiving film festival, not a BASE film fest. Perhaps basejumper.com needs a film fest?;)

Regarding BASE content vs skydiving, this is an amateur skydiving film festival, not a BASE film fest.

i appreciate this. however since i participate in both sports they seem to go hand in hand. like i said my video has SOME BASE footage and i would like to keep a percentage of it in. how much is too much? has a criteria for this been established?

a BASE film fest would be nice but i'm afraid my video would have too much skydiving in it to enter:P whatcha gonna do...

like i said my video has SOME BASE footage and i would like to keep a percentage of it in. how much is too much? has a criteria for this been established?

How about submit it and let the judges decide? I got the same problem, and I'm thinking that's the solution - no camera at the end of April = too much BASE footage (obviously nothing to do with the edit/camera work/music choice etc etc etc :P)
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

OK, I got a question - what does this mean?

Need a file glob reference in (Video)

Getting this message when I try to link to youtube...
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Pro - meaning you have not produced and sold a professional skydiving movie/DVD and do not make your living primarily from photography/videography. You are comercially selling videos for money. Ie the PD team, Icarus, Flyboys, etc would be professionals since they are selling their videos and making money on them.
Amateur - Not a Professional:P Thre is no Semi/pro

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Need a file glob reference in (Video)

....forget it, got it to work.

Although if anyone want to explain what a "glob reference" is I'm looking forward to being educated...
David Brent

Pro - meaning you have not produced and sold a professional skydiving movie/DVD and do not make your living primarily from photography/videography. You are comercially selling videos for money. Ie the PD team, Icarus, Flyboys, etc would be professionals since they are selling their videos and making money on them.
Amateur - Not a Professional:P Thre is no Semi/pro

a professional can still shoot an amateur video (not job-related)
and an amateur can shoot a video thats rated professional (good).
and a professionaly shot video can also be rated as an amateur production (bad).

Definitions..definitions..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems loading up video? I tried from two computers now and just get proxy that if did not load. would appreciate any help. flies are not to big. just keep showing error on page . Need help..thanks