Remolution

Gath Chincup?

this isn't a Gath mod-but it should work on Yours just fine. I bought a skysystems chin cup, bonehead cutaway system and used them on an old Paramount. the Paramount had a slide lock release mechanism that was a complete death trap. I cut that off with a hacksaw and drilled two holes to mount the QR pin on one side and a simple bolt/washer/helmet/washer/nut plus thread lock. The only difference I can forsee is that You will prolly need to reinforce the plastic with something at the pivot points. My guess is that if You really ratchet the chincup down it will pull the tie ins thru the helmet material.
Another thing to consider: I jumped a Gath with a Sony PC-109 mounted in a really clever bag that zipped shut. it was very secure, no snag hazards and was padded. Also very light. If I were to set up a Gath for a sidemount-this would be my choice. Not sure who made the pouch-might have been a rigger.
Hope this helps!
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."