murrays

"Matrix" effect

I just came across this interesting article about hacking together 24 still cameras to get the Matrix effect. Not a setup to put on a helmet cam but I thought some folks on here might find it kind of cool.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

If you use Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas, you can get the Bullet Time plug in from DeBugMode. It's free, and very easy to use.

are you sure that Bullet time is from debugmode ??? all i can see on their website is a plugin about morphing ...

by the way effects like in 300 or the matrix can easily be done in After Effects without too much work ;)

cheers !
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

Yes, I'm quite sure that Debugmode offers BulletTime, it's one of the tutorials in my Vegas book.:P
It also was the first plugin to AE and Premiere that could achieve this effect. Of course, now Adobe has their own tools built into AE that weren't there before. Winmorph and Wax can both be used for BulletTime FX. It's a tad easier to do this in Winmorph, and a tad higher quality to do it using AE, however (IMO).