bomb420

Schumacher Removable Articulating Bracket

I just got a few samples in tonight. Check the pics! They are super sweet! B|

I think they will work well for a universal tandem workhorse/recreational camera helmet. Use your eyesight when you are flying outside camera. Then simply take it off if you want to fly with your buds. Its a little bigger than the original one but nothing drastic. I took some comparison shots. He did a really nice job of making the corners smooth to resist snagging. There is a well placed thumbscrew that locks the sight in place.

I've seen a few prototypes flying around at Skydive Az but its now finally released!

I'm not the best at macro photography, but you'll get the point...B|
HYPOXIC

That is awesome, I am definetly buying one of those! I have been looking for a ringsight that I could take off with less work since I like to shoot inside video alot! :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

FANTASTIC!

I was even thinking of building one of my own. That is EXACTLY what I've been after!

It says it's only available for the 1/4" sight... I have no idea which I have. I have the "chunkier" version of the concentric ring sight, not the slimline one... will this thing work for me because my finger's hovering over the "order" button...?

Ha thx dude... Its a 1/4" shaft just like the original articulating bracket.

The coment on the websight comes from the fact that the Newton Ringsight comes in a 6mm post version. Some people using the Newton may have an 6mm shaft to 6mm eyesight post swivel clamp that this will not work with. A new swivel clamp can be purchased in this case that converts the 6mm to 1/4. See L1366 on Paragear's website SCHUMACHER 1/4" X 6MM SWIVEL CLAMP. Some other folks do sell them....

On L&B's site, the makers of the Newton Rignsight, it appears they are now using an anodized aluminum housing like Brent's. The older ones used to be a gray plastic.

Anyone seen any other variations? Your best bet is to find someone with a pair of calipers and just measure the shaft :S

-Trunk

HYPOXIC

Had mine turn up in the post yesterday and fitted it last night. Very nice piece of kit!

Just a note to anyone who, like me, is changing out a fixed bracket for this removable one...

...the holes are NOT the same distance apart. You need to re-drill 1-2mm as the new bracket is ever so slightly longer than the old one. This was easily achieved by elongating the single hole slightly.

Nice that I got a pack of nylon screws with it too! even if I did buy a bunch with the order.

Hi all, Thanks for all the nice feedback. As for getting of hold of one for yourself keep asking your local gear shop, I just sent a large order to Paragear, Cookie Composites and L & B.
You can also get them from Hypoxic (Trunk)
Blue Skies
Terry Schumacher

For people that wish to install one of these brackets, Terry and I created a PDF with the base dimensions. I appended the install instructions incase they ever get lost or you get one of these second hand.

I placed a link on our website incase you ever lose track of this thread.

Blue Ones,
-Trunk

Removable Articulating Ringsight bracket Install Instructions
HYPOXIC

If you don't have one by now, shame on you! ;) It is a super sweet piece and it is very nice being able to take the ring sight off the helmet for transportation/hop-n-pops, etc. Highly recommended. Thanks Terry and Trunk!

"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me