NeedToJump

Lazy Bag

http://www.compal.be/LazybagEN.html

I found some discussion about how this may or may not be a good thing, but does anyone have any actual experience with one of these? It seems to me like this is a great idea and I would be very interested in trying one out. Any thoughts?
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Seems quite good. I only have 2 points of note:

1-The canopy in the pictures fits quite loosely into the bag - how would the system be affected in the canopy needed a lot of persuading to go into the bag??

2-Not being too rich myself - I'do bviously like to seen one inaction before I part with my cash!
----------
Ben G
Still Sinking :-(

Slut,

From http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=354699#354699

Pete Allum did have a baglock the other day...he isnt sure that it was the new d-bags fault though...

Did he ever figure out if the baglock was because of the d-bag? Since you see the guys from XL a lot do you know if they have had any problems with the bag or do they seem to like it?
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I can ask him about the baglock...they are up in xkeys right now, but should be back in the next week or two, I think. I guess they really like them, but I know that the Norgies specifically asked for a traditional bag when they got their new rigs. I havent been to Deland in a while, but I am sure that someone could ask them or I will ask Lise when I see her next. I remember her saying that she just didnt like them...I didnt get into details on why she didnt like them though...maybe things have changed since they have been out for a while now.

The Norgies idea not to go with the new bag, was purely because they never had a problem with the old one. If something isnt broke why fix it. Doug Parks has both the old and a new on his rig's and he says that he likes his velocity openings on the New one better, I have jumped both and I truly never saw a difference.

Packing them takes a little more care when putting the bag into the container, it is easy to pull out extra line from the holder, (As any rigger can understand, just like a reserve) but easy once you get the hang of it.

I designed a bag that a few people use in Deland, including myself, that is a lot easier to stuff a larger canopy into a smaller bag, its pretty simple, you just line the bag with zp, it makes it so much easier to stuff, it slides right in there. but that is another subject.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I had a chance to physically examine one of the newer bags sunpath is testing. It differs a bit from the pictures posted above but the concept is the same. The major change being that there isn't 2 male fittings threading through the grommets to close the bag. Instead, there are tuck tabs on the entire bag. It looks easy enough to pick up in a short period of time and it looks feasible in all aspects. My question is how it will hold up over the long haul when the stiffners start to break down and the bag starts to soften up.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

there is a thread on the french forum with pictures of the packing in the lazybag...
Apparently Jeff and his team are really happy with this bag.
Any more feedback from people using this system ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Some manufacturers are performing tests on the system (Sunpath, Thomas Sports), and many other companies also watch that closely.
On the above linked website is a sequence of images showing how to bag it, no need to wander through the french thread one image at a time...

Once they have been thoroughly tested and the results are good, i don't think it will be a long time until they are available from more manufacturers.
I mailed the company sometime last year, and they are licensing the system exclusively to Sunpath and Thomas Sports (Teardrop) right now, as no other manufacturers are interested as of now.
After ordering my Wings, i mailed Sunrise Rigging whether it would be available sometime in the near future, and they told me they were looking at it, as some people had already asked for it, but for the time being, there aren't enough experiences with jumping it.

I also remember having read somewhere that they were worn out (stiffeners, seams, whatnot) after about 500-600 jumps and had to be replaced, but don't remember where, so don't nail me down on that one.

I sure do like the concept.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Help me out here - I don't understand something...

What is on this bag to prevent Line Dump - Two small small male tuck-tabs?
When a packer has placed the main deployment bag into the tray, and presses down from on top, isn't there a greater chance that some of thsoe s-folded lines could change their positions and give the jumper a greater chance for tension knots?
=========Shaun ==========

Shaun, some jumpers don't even stow their lines after the locking stows on regular bags with good results. I've experimented with it myself and got fine deployments. So whether your lines are loose on the bottom of your container or laced in pocket in the Lazy bag it makes no difference. Remember as long as your locking stows are tight or in the case of the lazy bag ( and for lack of proper nomenclature ) your locking - straps or loops (?) are holding everything in the bag until line stretch, you should be just dandy.

I want one myself. There are two schools of thought that I run into. Some guys say that rubber bands are just fine and are actually mil speced. They claim they can change them in no time. Hence no benefit to them. Plus the tabs on the lazy bag will soften in time and require replacement sooner than the standard bag will need a patch or restitch.

Although I've never been late to a load because of a stow replacement. I see advantages in the system and it warrants further investigation.

I'm a fan so far of the lazybag concept, the flexible lock-stows are the weak link in my opinion. if you retained the standard D-bag first 2 rubber band stows, then incorporated lazybag line pocket i think it would be the best of both worlds.

The worst thing about the BASE tailpocket is the velcro, so when i saw people post that as an improvement i was pretty shocked. with the parachute in the bag, the rigidity of the bag means the male tuck tabs should be much more robust with frequent use than a velcro, tailpocket styled, line stow.
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?Is there a better way to die?" Charles Lindberg, August 26th, 1938