Acoisa

Sony Pc Series

Hi, I'm interested in getting a used Sony Pc series camera which I also want to use for skydiving (naturally after I have my 200jumps :).

People at my DZ told me to get either the PC 105,106,107,109, PC 5,6,9, PC 2, or PC 3.

In your opinion which one of these cameras has the best video quality and is the most durable. Or which one would you buy and why?

Thanks a lot for you answers!

Mike

PC1000, PC350 are the best quality-wise IMO. PC 106/107/109 need a docking station for firewire which I find a hassle but the cameras are the smallest so that's good. PC106 has no DV-in (at least in Europe, might be different in US), same for PC2. PC2's battery cannot be charged while in the camera, very annoying (to me). A few people jump PC110 at my DZ that seems to be a nice camera. But you're gonna have to go on ebay to get any of these so you might just have to take what you can get :S All of these will work. Buy a few extra batteries too.

BTW why do you want a pc series camera? Are you set on sidemount? Why?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks for the feedback on the cameras!

I just got a helmet from a friend of mine which allows for side mount and top mount. But just in case I also want to go for stills later on I'd like a camera that I can also put on the side of the helmet..

PC9, 101 & 105 are all comparible cameras with great video. The video gets better in the order that I listed them. They're great cameras... all comparible in picture quality and size. All have LANC ports and video out requiring no docking station... 105 uses the d-shaped connnector where the 9 & 101 use the mini plug. Anyway, I've used all three and would use any of the three at any time if I got a good deal on the camera. At the moment I own two 105's.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I use a PC350 in a Cookie Composites box with great results. It has great video quality and has a LANC port for a remote indicator.

My brother uses a PC1000 which is also nice and slightly thinner but taller than my PC350.

Either are good choices with many accessories available.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

i use a PC 109...very low profile, and battery lasts long....good quality video too. However, as stated you need a docking station/firewire to transfer video...not too much of a hassle for me, but some people seem to think so...different strokes for diff. folks i guess