dalemeyer

side or top mount? HD or DV Cam?

Hey folks,

i want to get into cam work but am not sure which would be a better option for me.
Im freeflying with maybe a little flat here and there but basically would like to find out if a side or a top mount is a better option and also should i rather go for a DV camera or the hard drive cam?

i was thinking that the HD with a top mount would reduce the risk of line snag. would the DV cam not be too bulky for the top mount?
any advice would be great
Take it easy... and if you get it easy, take it TWICE!

Im freeflying with maybe a little flat here and there but basically would like to find out if a side or a top mount is a better option and also should i rather go for a DV camera or the hard drive cam?

Search the forum; you'll find the answer to this and many other relevant questions.
You can't fly with a hard drive cam.
Many feel sidemount is better for freeflying with friends.

i was thinking that the HD with a top mount would reduce the risk of line snag. would the DV cam not be too bulky for the top mount?
any advice would be great

No HD cam is narrow profile, but there are several threads about helmets being made for HD cams. The PC109 is a slim camcorder (amongst others) that work well as a side mount.

We'll forego the standard comment about not wearing a camera with your jump #s.:|