The111

Fog problems (long)

HAMMER??
SMALL LENS=SMALL HAMMER
BIG LENS=BIG HAMMER:)

Shit, is 37mm small or big?

Depends on how experienced...never mind.

For palm-corder type cams, 37mm is large. Most /many are in the 23-30.5mm size. Once you jump from palmcorder/handicam to small camcorder, then it stabilizes (more or less) at 52mm, 55mm, or 57mm.

HAMMER??
SMALL LENS=SMALL HAMMER

For palm-corder type cams, 37mm is large. Most /many are in the 23-30.5mm size. Once you jump from palmcorder/handicam to small camcorder, then it stabilizes (more or less) at 52mm, 55mm, or 57mm.

BUT WHAT SIZE HAMMER DO I USE??? ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

36.5 would be appropriate. Cover the hammer head with cork (must be special photographic cork, or it may mar the glass when you pop it out and subsquently back in. Cork is important.
If you can't find a 36.5mm hammer, put your thumb on the glass portion of the lens, then hit your thumb as hard as you can. the glass will pop out, and you won't give a damn about how much the lens leaks in the future.:)

HAMMER??
SMALL LENS=SMALL HAMMER

BUT WHAT SIZE HAMMER DO I USE??? ;)

2 lb. short handle hammer will do:o
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Well, even after getting a SECOND Raynox 5050 lens, I still had fog problems between the elements. Which sucks because I know someone else in the same area as me with this lens who does NOT have fog problems. Maybe because wingsuit jumps are longer, I have more time for condensation to occur? :S I doubt it, probably just bad lucky, or my friend got good luck with his lense. Either way I gave up on 2-element lenses and got a single element Century .55x I'll be making another post about.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I have a new Raynox 5050 I've been using for the past two weekends. The first weekend I had no problems. This past weekend I noticed that I was getting a fog circle in the center of the picture. I'm going to try to use the .37 to .37 plastic ring next weekend to see if it fixes the problem (maybe its between camera and lens). I hope it's not happening between the elements... I don't want to have to deal with exchanging it.

When I had my lens I always used the 37-to-37 "converter" (spacer) because I assumed that without it the convex glass would bottom out.

Recently somebody told me that he doesn't get fog but doesn't get use the ring (and it doesn't bottom out) so I thought "shit, I wish I had tried it without the ring while I still had the lens." What you're hoping seems to be the opposite, that adding the spacer will eliminate the fog. Let me know how it turns out, but I sort of doubt that adding an extra interface will reduce air leakage.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I have occasionally noticed this problem, and am fairly sure it is between the lens and camera. Try opening it up and then reassembling it on a very dry day (or in a dry room).

BTW, I have always used the 37-37mm ring. I just figured, Why would they include it if they didn't want it used? And, I theorized that they wanted to maintain a given distance between the lenses regardless of whether you need to step up or not (it will change the image if you change this distance). Dunno whether this is true or not.