CKSCUBA

Normal Job Resume adding vidiot job description

Serious question here.

On writing a normal resume for a normal job, i want to put my 4 years of flying video. i want to add it.

does anyone have an occupational Job Code for skydive video/ photographer?

what a about a resume job description for vidiots??

how can i add skydive photography on my resume and word it to me advantage or in language that the general public could relate and more importantly would have an employer see me as an accent?

what about swooping anyway to add that or to make it apply to the normal job world??

i know its a strange question but i am updating my resume and i am having problems

thank you

chris

Unless you are looking for work in a stunt/video/similar line of work its just wasted space on the resume. If it was your only job for the last 4 years then list it but otherwise I don't see how it has any value.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

On some resume' formats, you can list your interests/hobbies. Usually this is at the bottom or toward the end of the Resume. That may be a way of sneaking it in.

The upside; sometimes people remember specific resumes because of little "quirks" they read. Maybe skydiving photography would make yours stand out.

The downside; People who do not know about skydiving, gernerally, do not have positive impressions about the sport (or the people who participate).

Good luck with the job search.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I have worked my hobby into my interview, but never my my resume. I found good results by getting the interviewer talking about a lot of stuff that isn't related to the job.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I think you can put it in your reseme, but Id focus on the ground stuff.

shooting video, interviews, editing...

Maybe not even mention the actual freefall bit. The name of the dropzone will probably tell that part anyways..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If you describe it as an aerial photographer/videographer, and talk about time management, adapting product to the customer's needs, editing, etc., I think it's something that could sound reasonable. It's always good to use numbers too, such as "Created custom-edited product for 20 customers per weekend", or "Decreased video package turn-around time by 10% through modified editing techniques", you know, stuff like that.

I have a blurb about it on my resume, but it is as a sub-point to being in charge of finance for the dz. We are a large club and I got put on the board of directors and I think running a business is a worthy mention. Given that we are operating a turbine and a lot of business, not just a tiny cessna dz.

Videography is tucked in as a subpoint.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The way see it, you had a lot of contact with your customers, with a broad range of backgrounds, social standing, ...
Seems to me you now have a pretty good idea on how to approach just about anyone.

The beauty is that this will make your resume stand out, I really believe that this will get your resume a place in the top of the pile, and all you want is to get to the intervieuw part. Figure out how you can explain that this experience makes you the perfect candidate ffor the job (I'm sure you'll find an angle!)
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

I had it in my resume.....only cuz if I didn't put anything down, there would have been a 4+ year blank spot. But I put it down that I worked at skydive bla bla for this point of time and so on....just like a regular job. For job description, then put down what you did. No need so tell everyone you skydive as if your trying to get laid, be professional.
my pics & stuff!

It depends what kind of job are you looking for.
If it's a kind a job what requires to be able to work in some kind of extereme eviroment plus needs to heve some people skills then skydivinginstructor/videographer could be a big help.
This guy Vladi Pesa (used to work at DeLand) now is one of those instructor on those zero gravity 707 flights. He personally told me the one of the major reason he got this job because his previous professinal skydiving job. (he also speaks few languages)
I hope it helped.
-Laszlo-
I hope

I made mention that I was an instructor under the hobbies section of my resume. I think it definitely helped to stand me out from the crowd and was an easy talking point in interviews. Just make sure you emphasize the "professional" part of what you are doing, not just skydiving.

Well, I can kinda relate. I just redid my resume for an air traffic controller job I'm applying for. Wrote my skydiving exp. both in my job description as I did crew demos for 2 years and in my skills section.

I left it there against the advice of almost all the people who reviewed my resume because skydiving is an important part of my life and I wanted it there.

Turned out in my favor as it was the first subject of conversation on my initial contact with the selection office. I'm positive my file will be remembered more easily because of it... therefore my advice: if it's important in your life, write it. Your resume should reflect who you are!
Somewhere, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, you will loose.