Iceburner

Adobe Priemer Pro 1.5 Problem

My problem is that i have a pc109 and cant figure out how to capture

Which operating system? Windows XP SP2 and Vista have a movie capture application available that'll work with your camera. You can use Movie Maker to capture the clip to an AVI, then try editing in Premiere
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx

Just plug the camera in to a firewire port, turn it on and it should be recognized by the OS

Chris

You can capture video using USB 2.0 from the PC 109, but you have to change the 'streaming' settings in the playback menu to do this. You also have to switch on the USB port on the base (not the camera!) which has caught me out before. For details of this read the camera manual.

Capturing the video using Movie maker will work (its how I started) but the quality will be significantly reduced - like the difference between VCR video and DVD video... [:/]

You will also need to load your Sony driver if you haven't already done so.

If all this doesn't work, sometimes the adobe stuff just drops out - I had premier elements refusing to see my (firewire connected) PC109 in spite of having done so previously. After trying everything else I uninstalled it, re-installed it and everything has been fine since then.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

You can use Movie Maker to capture the clip to an AVI, then try editing in Premiere

Has anyone else got this problem I'm often getting. Capture the video in Movie Maker into a DV-AVI, import it to Premiere, Premiere hangs up while it imports the file and if you haven't saved the project, everything is lost.

Open the same file on Movie Maker you just have captured, output it as a DV-AVI (again, as it already should be a DV-AVI file), Import it again in Premiere and magic has happened, it works.

What's frustrating that it doesn't do this to all the captured files, some work straight away in Premiere, but some do not. That extra conversion is needed only by some files.>:(

You can capture video using USB 2.0 from the PC 109, but you have to change the 'streaming' settings in the playback menu to do this. You also have to switch on the USB port on the base (not the camera!) which has caught me out before. For details of this read the camera manual.

Capturing the video using Movie maker will work (its how I started) but the quality will be significantly reduced - like the difference between VCR video and DVD video... [:/]

You will also need to load your Sony driver if you haven't already done so.

If all this doesn't work, sometimes the adobe stuff just drops out - I had premier elements refusing to see my (firewire connected) PC109 in spite of having done so previously. After trying everything else I uninstalled it, re-installed it and everything has been fine since then.

when you say changing the "streaming" settings doyou mean to put it to usb streaming? or one of the other 3 options. I have it running on streaming right now, have double and triple checked the usb port being flipped on, and a few other things. Looks like i might be uninstalling and then re-installing the prgm.

Those are the settings I mean - which one you need I forget since I have not used the USB for about 2 years! I found out about those settings from the manual though - I'll try to have a peer when I break for lunch (UK!) and get back to you.

I needed all these settings to work to capture in movie maker as well, so if you can capture in that, then camera settings are not your problem here. :|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Those are the settings I mean - which one you need I forget since I have not used the USB for about 2 years! I found out about those settings from the manual though - I'll try to have a peer when I break for lunch (UK!) and get back to you.

I needed all these settings to work to capture in movie maker as well, so if you can capture in that, then camera settings are not your problem here. :|

yea, it worked fine with movie maker...i'm gonna try a firewire connection instead of a USB to see if that works. Thanks for your help, and let me know if you can think of anything else

i'm gonna try a firewire connection instead of a USB to see if that works.

Ler us know if that works...

firewire worked just fine...so idk wtf was up with the usb problem....guess i'll just be firewire'n it from now on

As was posted *numerous* times in another thread where someone didn't want to buy a Firewire cable...
Firewire/1394/iLink has its own system resources, where USB does not.
USB on many systems cannot sustain the 3MBps/25Mbps datastream required for solid capture due to shared resources. Most NLE systems will not support USB for this very reason.
USB has some great benefits, but capturing video isn't one of them.

Most NLE systems will not support USB for this very reason.
USB has some great benefits, but capturing video isn't one of them.

The only surprise to me in this post is the word "most." I thought it was all. Are you saying that some editing software DOES capture through USB? That would be news to me...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com