markovwgti

HC5 Question

I guess I can't answer that. The box for the HC3,5, and 7 are identical. All the guys that I know have them, and have either Cookie's box or Bonehead's box. Other than a slightly different access...the end result is the same. Maybe someone else can comment on problems they're having with a box?

if it's topmounted, yes. Sidemount...no

Grumble complain bitch cranky ugh *hate*.... Yeah, i think its obvious that it really annoys me that I have a helmet that I can't mount a HDV camera to and also mount my still camera. [:/]>:(
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Which helmet? With heavy modification it is probably possible. :P

Hmmm.... With some heavy modification EVERYTHING is possible B|

[DSE] Are HC3 5 and 7 boxes really identical?
From what I have understood Cookie have a different box for HC5/7 and HC3.

The problem I had with my Tonfly box was that it was molded for a HC3 and by that didn't fit my HC5 that have slightly different proportions.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

The only significant difference between the HC3 and HC5/7 is the lens profile. Either you pad the top of the lid down, or cut 1/8" from the lens opening on the Cookie box. The Bonehead accepts either one, no issue at all.
Dunno about Tonfly. I emailed them several months ago looking for information about what they've got going on, and didn't get a response, so I'm pretty ignorant of their products.

Well Tonfly was great to deal with when I had some questions before I ordered my helmet, if you don't consider the fact that they lied to me regarding the cam box ;)

I haven't seen the cookie or the bonehead box so I can’t really say anything about them. I have only seen some pics at the web site.

The pics i shot while fitting my box for the HC5 is here if anybody is interested.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4691&l=7dc8b&id=518561972

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Actually DSE, your incorrect as per Cookie's website.

Hc5/7 Blackbox http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/blackbox/47/index.htm

Hc3 Blackbox http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/blackbox/13/index.htm

C.

Brother Wayward's rule of the day...
"Never ever ever go skydiving without going parachuting immediately afterwards."
100% PURE ADRENALENS

I see they have different boxes, but the point is, the boxes are the same excepting for the lens profile. They may have changed some small additional feature that I'm unaware of, but given that I have all three cams, have two HC3 boxes from Cookie and one from Bonehead, all cams are interchangeable in all boxes, once I cut 1/8" out of the lens opening of the Cookie box. I'd be surprised if they're using a different mold for this box, but they could have gone to that trouble. Look closely at the pictures and how the lens fits in. On the HC3 box there is quite a bit of extra carbon over top the lens. Look at the HC5, you'll see there isn't. That's the area that you need to Dremel/cut out 1/8".

I also cut a good size opening out of the right side back of the Cookie box, as IMO, it's way too small to hit the on/off switch and record button when necessary.

Which helmet? With heavy modification it is probably possible. :P

Heh, I am sure it is.. I have an optic illusion. It just doesn't have the real estate up top to mount everything they way I would want to. i.e. both horizontally.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka