moreton

Canon ef-17-40mm or ef-s 10-22mm?

I'm currently using a rebel xt with the kit standard 18-55mm lens and would like to upgrade my lens. I've been looking at the Canon ef-17-40mm and ef-s 10-22mm. The lenses are a similar price, but I'm not sure which one to choose. What I like about the ef 17-40mm lens is that fact that if I decide to upgrade to a full frame sensor camera in a couple of years I can continue to use it. The 10-22mm on the other hand will be just another piece of expensive electronic waste! My question is, does anybody have any experience using the 17-40mm lens for jumping and what do they think of it? I've seen that people are happy with the 10-22mm and that it has a good depth of field, but I don't think I'll need to go as wide as 10mm.
Thanks

Ben

Hey Ben,

I am using an EF 17-40 mm with a 5D and I like the results.
Now this lens on a rebel xt (or 350D,400D) would be like +/- a 27-64mm.If you are happy with this range and want to go for a full frame camera soon this is a good lens.
If you plan to stick with the rebel for a while I would get the 10-22 EF-S (would be like a 16-35mm) and sell it later.
Here´s a picture taken with the 5D and the 17-40mm( at 17mm) and a detail of it.

Bruno
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com