JJohnson

Top mounting a PC9

Thumb screw works good.

Or a D-box, but it's an added expense.

Why do you want a Narrow? Just about everyone I know who bought a Narrow, very shortly afterward wished they bought a full Flat Top.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I was seriously considering the FTP, but I just couldn't think what else to put on it...that's a lot of real estate to cover.

Putting a PC9 top mounted, I was leaning towards a roll cage to have access to the camera controls in the plane.

I didn't much like the idea of just using the thumbscrew, didn't seem like much holding the camera.
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

With the FTP you can put both stills and the PC9 on top. It lets you spread the weight down the spine better for opening then having the stills out front. Then it still leaves you the option to do something like a flash and video up top and stills out front later if you decide to go that route.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

My PC9 is top mounted on a FTP. It is mounted in a cage, secured by a screw through the top of the FTP into the base of the camera and another one at the flash mounting point. Very secure and steady , all camera controls accesible and the camera is protected (witness all the scratches and damage to the cage!). Major drawback is having to unscrew the wide lens and take the camera out of the cage to replace the tape. At least the battery can be changed in situ.

My stills are front mounted - yes there is a lot of free space on the top of a FTP but that means there is room for a spare video camera if required for competitions.

Use your wings Johnny....