JJohnson

Lens choice for Xti

Please ignore my lens question, I found the answer looking through lots of old posts.........

However if anyone can point me to some useful reading on lenses......
You can PM me to avoid cluttering up a new thread on stuff I'm sure has been beat to death.

Thanks,
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

if you are looking for a book on photography I would suggest trying to find something at a used book store because although the digital age has changed a lot of things many of the basic premise of photography have not changed.

A good photography book can give you a basic understanding of composion, depth of field, use of light, among many other things...

once you've learned the basics... you can start delving more deeply into the nuances of the digital world (such as playing with digital masks, adjusting light/exposure, shooting and working in RAW... and other post processing techniques)

I'm still very much a baby in many of these areas myself... ultimately one of the best ways to learn your way around is to take a class either at a local university/community college online... I haven't taken any of them but Betterphoto.com has a number of online courses available online (which is fine for digital photography since one of the most important things to improve your skill is to get good critical feedback.)

Have fun!!! :)

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...