mattabram

Compact flash card buffer speed

Just upgraded from a 350D to a 400D.I am using a combination of Sandisk Ultra 2 and Extreme 3 cards.With the 350 there was no buffering time at all,but with the 400 the most I can continually fire is 27 frames and I get a relatively long buffer time.Has anyone tried the 266mhz cards?Is the buffering time any shorter?
Please help:S
God gave men 2 brains,but only enough blood to fill one at a time....I can live with that.

That seems odd. According to the 350D specs max burst is 14 frames. And it is indeed 27 (doubled, roughly) for the 400D. I haven't used the 400D yet, I'm curious if anyone else has these problems.

HERE is something interesting about CF card performances... but it looks like they haven't updated their database to include the 400D.

EDIT: Another LINK I just found... in this review the guy mentions odd buffer performance... so you may be SOL and it is the camera not the card. Buy whatever card you want to try from Best Buy (aka Buy & Try) and if it does not improve your performance, get a refund. ;) I'd be interested to hear your results.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I have a Sandisk Extreme IV card that I use with my 400D (XTI) and have no problem with buffering time. I can keep taking pictures until the cards full with no lag time. Works great. I got it from B&H photo.

Luke
www.lukeevens.com
http://beachbodycoach.com/lguard8