MagicGuy

Trasnfering Footage from MiniDV to Computer

So I found out this weekend that my camera, a PC9, will not allow me to transfer footage from the mini dvs to my iBook. I think something is wrong with the USB port. The computer recognizes the camera but for some reason can't trasnfer anything over, either to iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

I was wondering if there is another way to do this. Is there a device to connect to my computer that holds the mini dvs and can directly transfer? Or any other ways to do it besides putting the tape in someone else's camera?

I think the camera knows you only have 260 jumps and 1 year in the sport. It's a subtle way of telling you to get more experience.

Does your own camera ever tell you try to be a little more current? :D:S
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Nope, but it does tell me that a reserve smaller than my main by 20 sq. feet is probably not the best time for a downsize.

Come on now, didn't your parents teach you to keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say?

I followed the rules when I decided to strap a camera to my head, but thank you very much for making assumptions.

It was firewire.

System Profiler recognized that there was a PC9 attached to the firewire port on my MacBook Pro, but three apps -- FCP, iMovie, and QuickTime Pro -- all failed to acknowledge input from it. When I put the tape in one of my cameras, the transfer went fine.
(The video is great --MagicGuy and I are two of the six in a sunset round with Lew Sanborn,D-1.);)

HW

ALL my PCs seem to recgonize just about any camera I plug into them automatically.

Dem Mac's need 2 much configurin… Come to think of it, soaking a Mac in water is too good a fate...

Windows XP Pro is the way to go...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Ooh, another Mac vs PC argument. Lemme get some popcorn.
Safari on my left hand, Firefox on my right, here I am, back in the middle again.:P

Some older cams require the DV port to be enabled for in or out modes. Some don't allow for input/return at all. Dunno about the HC40.

Does the PC9 have any on-camera settings that need to be changed before it will import/export footage?

I bet your the winner here, my trv 525 also had the same setting and this cam was made about the same time as the PC9's.

And AFFI you need to put down that crack pipe.....:Pwindows xp pro:D:D:D
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ooh, another Mac vs PC argument. Lemme get some popcorn.

Yuck Yuck Yuck :D;):ph34r:

Certs is a breath mint - Dodge is the best - yada yada yada...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…