flyer299

What Wide Angle Lense for Sony HC7?

On my old SD Camera I used a .5 wide angle lens and it matched up with my 28mm lens on my still (15mm for digital).

I am switching to HD with a HC7. Should I stick with .5, or does the HD have an effect on the focal length requiring something else?

Depending on whether you want to match focal lengths of the still cam to the video cam, you'll prolly be best with the Raynox .3 if you have $$, or the Royal .3 37mm if you don't. The Raynox is somewhat of an HD lens, it's not full resolution but it's better res than any SD lens out there.
HD does not have any impact on the focal length, you're still dealing with small chips/sensors, so focal length from what you're used to dealing with is very close to identical.
The .5 will be very close, but you can't zoom through it. You'll have more noticable abberation, but at the same time, that probably doesn't matter much for most of what you're doing. The benefit of HD is that you can crop the edges anyway (if you're delivering SD).

I'll have to grab my Dbox from the DZ and look. Seems like you'd have to cut back the edges of the flare on the Dbox. I have a Cookie box, not a Bonehead box, but I think they're about the same.
That said, I've pretty well quit using a box on the HC series of cams,

I think it's more that sony's lenses are wider? My old sony .6 was wider than my current hama .45.

Too bad there isn't a standard for videolenses. I thought there was at least for photo lenses, but I have a sigma 150mm macro lens that I just found out has the same fov as my tamron 28-200 cheapo zoomlens when zoomed in to 200mm >:(

ciel bleu,
Saskia