roccoflys

pc-1 problems... help?

sooo... i'm relatively new to flying camera, and i have a very used pc-1. it has seemed to work just fine for what i'm using it for(freeflying), until a few weeks ago when it started "greying" out during freefall for a few seconds at a time. perhaps it is just nearing the end of it's life? any ideas or suggestions?

If it's greying out (are they blocky grey sections, or whole screen?) it would usually indicate a worn head and/or alignment problems. It'll cost you a lot more to repair than the camera is worth.
You'll do better (most likely) selling it as parts on Ebay and picking up a newer old camera, or buying a new one.
If they're blocky sections vs entire screen, it might just be a particle on the head that interrupts the encode/video stream. A good cleaning *might* fix it, but I doubt it.

for lack of a more technical explanation, yeah man, its nearing the end of its life, pc1 is super old.

:-(

max

I 2nd that...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban