Calvin19

Sand sucks.

That sucks, I am not familiar with that model of P&S but i know that you can get a pretty decent camera for a lot cheaper these days than you ever could before. I just picked up some 8mp vivitars for less than $150 on WOOT.com Keep that in mind if you find an estimate on repairs.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

obviously, but is it even worth paying to get it checked out? or is sand hopeless for a point and shoot?

TO be honest with you I have no Idea but IIRC the cam is like $300. I wsould just go look for an upgrade ar buy another camera.

I would keep that camera for hiking climbing etc. this way if it gets dropped..."well, it was broken anyway."
My photos

My Videos

it already was my backup camera, i use a XTI usualy. but this one was nice for backpacking and PG flying, it fits in my sleeve for jumping as well.

and the pics fom the camera are not even focused to a point, its just true blur. not matter the distance.

il prob just find another one off ebay.

thanks. this whole thread was just so i could waist time and figure out what to do.