fallin

Empty Cam Box

Hi guys
Does anyone have any experience jumping with a cameraless helmet cam. My camera is in for repair right now--Im going jumping tomorrow-not sure if I need to cover up the holes on my d-box or not. Im assuming that the air rushing through the box will be an issue but thought Id ask anyway. Im using a RAWA Imagem with a side mount for a hc42.
Thanks Dudes

hasn't been a problem for me. You'll hear noises/whistling, and it will have a slight pull, but that's no big deal. Perhaps gaff off the lens opening...

Or go to the hardware store and buy a sponge and stuff it in the box. It will form to the size of the camera and fill up the space in the box. I was told only women were supposed to whistle in freefall....:$:o;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

hasn't been a problem for me. You'll hear noises/whistling, and it will have a slight pull, but that's no big deal. Perhaps gaff off the lens opening...

Or go to the hardware store and buy a sponge and stuff it in the box. It will form to the size of the camera and fill up the space in the box. I was told only women were supposed to whistle in freefall....:$:o;)

ltdiver

Sorry lt, I gotta dispute that. Older gay people have the same problem.:P
Never thought about using a sponge, good tip!

do it quite often- no problems what so ever. If I am shooting stills only I will take the side mount video cam off to save weight on my neck. I have not noticed any increase in pulling or whistling noise (but I do wear earplugs)
"This is better than sex, and cheaper too!"