drjump

Videos for advertizing

The DZ's where I work the waiver has a Model Release section too. So everybody who makes a jump (including fun jumpers) basically agreeing that their faces can be used anywhere by the DZ or the photographer wheter it's a video or a photo taken at DZ.
But the video or photo taken home by tandems or anyone shouldn't be used else where, deffinetly not for advertisment without the permission of the photographer!
-Laszlo-

We use a model release at our DZ as well. We're a little copyright-cautious compared to most DZ's, we also don't use copyrighted songs (or rather, most of our guys don't, but a couple do, they just don't get uploaded to the web, ever).

It's probably a good Idea but I took the vid, so I can do what I want with it, as long as I am not using it as defamation material.

Ever see My editing in this clip? It's not the most flattering edit, but its all in good fun.

Had I done this to a tandem, 1 timer, and spread it all over I may have had issues.
My photos

My Videos

my understanding of it (and please correct me if i'm worng) Tandems as they are paying for the product unless you have a waiver for the original footage they own the copyright as they are a paying client. however with fun jump footage etc anything were ppl agree to you filming or shooting the aritist (photographer) owns the copyright however it is considered courtious to seek permission/notifiy the subjects that the material is going to be display publically!!

R.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large Groups!!

If the tandem waiver doesn't specifically spell out that you (the photog) are a WFH/Work For Hire, then the ownership of the content is specifically yours (the photog). If your DZO had you sign a WFH, then the copyright is specifically his.
You, as the photog, are in exactly the same position as a wedding photographer or corporate photographer that is hired to shoot an event; the negatives and copyright reside with the photographer unless you've specifically agreed that it's a Work For Hire (yes, it's a legal term).

If the tandem waiver doesn't specifically spell out that you (the photog) are a WFH/Work For Hire, then the ownership of the content is specifically yours (the photog). If your DZO had you sign a WFH, then the copyright is specifically his.
You, as the photog, are in exactly the same position as a wedding photographer or corporate photographer that is hired to shoot an event; the negatives and copyright reside with the photographer unless you've specifically agreed that it's a Work For Hire (yes, it's a legal term).

Thanks for the info, again.
My photos

My Videos