karenmeal

I maded a video and posted it!

I don't know why I'm so dern excited about being able to do this.

I just got adobe elements yesterday and figgered it out! Editing videos is really fun stuff.

If you're bored and want to check out a silly tandem video here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y51itNDbYnE

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Do you always slo mo the whole jump?

I don't like do do that to the student.

My preference is to show the whole thing in real time then at the end of the vid I fade to black ( or a cool pic from the jump) then show the whole jump in slo mo.

I see you got over your fear of interviews. Not bad.;)

I dont know if its just my speaker set up, ears or if the music could have been turn down a bit during the interview.

I wish you would have shown the area (aerial view) a little more though.

and If you have time to take the cam off of the helmet you can set to auto focus and film the landing in frame.

I don't mean to sound like I am telling you what to do, it's just a few suggestions.

It was a cool vid.

It's def. a good product. I like it and its not bad for your first edit.;)

My photos

My Videos

I actually didn't slow-mo the entire jump, just the good parts.

This isn't my first edit.. I used the editing machines at the DZ in the past.. this is my first time doing an edit on my computer with software that I just got.

As far as the interviews go.. this was a freebie for my good friend.. that is why there is a little extra cheese.

I didn't have time to take the camera off my helmet to film the landing.. we had a reaaaaallly long spot. (Which is why you saw me do a double take towards the end of the video.) Normally I do that.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

This isn't my first edit.. I used the editing machines at the DZ in the past.. this is my first time doing an edit on my computer with software that I just got.

THat what I meant. You said you figured out the software. EDITING IS FUKN FUN ...most of the time. DEADLINES SUCK THOUGH:D.

As far as the interviews go.. this was a freebie for my good friend.. that is why there is a little extra cheese.

Oh, So are you still jittery on strangers?

I didn't have time to take the camera off my helmet to film the landing.. we had a reaaaaallly long spot. (Which is why you saw me do a double take towards the end of the video.) Normally I do that.

I kinda figured that by the video. I can see you running/walking to the landing . I wasn't sure if you took the cam out on regular jumps.

I do like the edit. I didn't mean to cut you up. I was just giving hints, suggestions and critism.
My photos

My Videos

Thank-you for your feedback.
You've given me a number of helpful suggestions regarding video.

You're probably right about the music being too loud, I could scale that back a bit next time.

Now I'm having trouble getting my firewire to work and the 'puter won't recognize the camera!! ARrrrggghh.

That part of things is certainly frustrating.

Yes. it definitely is.

there are times when I have to completely restart the comp in orderto get it to recognize the cam.

MOST OF THE TIME if you (I) remove the firewire from the cam it will lock up like that. The program will be fully func. but it won't recgonize the cam.
be sure to shut the cam then remove the wire.

worse to worst I have to restart the whole thing.
NOT BEFORE SAVING MY WORK.;)

My photos

My Videos

If you're interested I posted a vid on myspace

I edited it on my pc but I made it look like a product that I would be able to edit at the DZ, with two exceptions.

1- I zoomed in on one picture.
2- I titled the end of the vid.

There are some things that I would remove from the vid if I was editing on the PC. But as I said, I wanted to show something close to the product I would hand you at the DZ.
My photos

My Videos

Yes. it definitely is.

there are times when I have to completely restart the comp in orderto get it to recognize the cam.

MOST OF THE TIME if you (I) remove the firewire from the cam it will lock up like that. The program will be fully func. but it won't recgonize the cam.
be sure to shut the cam then remove the wire.

worse to worst I have to restart the whole thing.
NOT BEFORE SAVING MY WORK.;)

You should never have to restart the computer. The camera; yes. Computer; no. Be sure networking is disabled for the 1394 card. Try to have it on it's own IRQ.
When you connect/disconnect the camera, it's a good practice to learn to dismount it first. Also, if you *do* have to restart the camera, be sure to disconnect the cable between on/off cycles. This will tell the buffer to release the connection.

Nice job on the vid, Karen,

Try to have it on it's own IRQ.

Actually I am going to try to have it on a whole on desktop. LOL

My current one is WAY old and has been doing ok for me for what it is, but it is definitely not built for editing.

BTW, WTF is an IRQ?:S
My photos

My Videos

IRQ=Interrupt ReQuest
Kinda like an address in your computer. Some devices share IRQ's very well, others don't. If your 1394 card is sharing an IRQ, it usually doesn't play well with others.
Kinda like an apartment building where some apartments have individual tenants and others force lions to share space with tigers, and there is only one rabbit in the room.

If you're interested I posted a vid on myspace

I found another vid that I edited on you tube they edited some of thier own footage into it but it should be obvious what's what. they also chopped the exit out for some reason
My photos

My Videos

Nice vid and nice exit. Just remember to look up a little bit when you move in close to the tandem so you don't cut the t/m's head off - doesn't take much, just little bit.

Another little tip would be to get just a tad lower on the tandem so you can look up - doesn't have to be that steep, just a little lower so you can capture the funky facial expressions.

Nice work :)

Action©Sports

yeah.. gotta look higher!! :$[:/]

Arrr... it's getting a lot better though. Subsequent videos in that day were much better - lower position and better at looking waaaay up.

BTW, WTF is an IRQ?:S

In the PC context an IRQ is an ID number used to specify the hardware resource used to service interrupts from that device. There are a limited number of them and some are reserved for little things like your keyboard. Interrupts happen on specific physical wires/pins, think of it as an essential way for hardware to demand immediate attention at the hardware/firmware level.

They are typically assigned automatically by the computer BIOS and can be specified manually if you really know what you're doing it can be bad voodoo if you have an IRQ conflict, devices can fail or suffer performance glitches & lost data & fatal corruption.

With newer PC's APIC and Plug & Play technology issues of IRQ assignment have largely been dealt with.