jont

What's up with 2kcomposites?

Is anyone else having problems with 2k?

They have taken over 5 months so far to build me an Azimuth. They kept stringing along telling me it was nearly ready, then finally after 4 months they declared that actually they were much too busy to commit to a delivery date. Now they tell me it's finished, but refuse to do the usual fitting because they haven't the time. A week and a half ago I asked them just to post it to me, as it is. Since then they are not responding to my emails, nor returning my phonecalls.

Does anyone know what's going on in Buckingham? Am I the only one suffering from such "special" customer service?

jon t

My Azimuth (pics here) also took a very long time to arrive, but was most definitely worth the wait! I can partially blame the delay on myself though, I did tell them to take their time with it as it was replacing my FTN, so there was not a huge rush for it. My Azimuth is the only one of that type I've ordered from them, so I can't comment on whether or not that delivery time is normal. Their delivery time for other helmets had slowed considerably during the past year, but now it looks like it might be getting a little more back to normal!
Miami

They don't seem to like replying to any emails from my experience on ff2 questions and others have said the same. I was told in January they where really Busy and i think at the time as a illustration of how busy one dealer said minimum off 16-20 weeks for a Azimuth. I was lucky that i managed to acquire a couple months old FF2, nice gear poor customer communications :|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

That's why I went Cookie, had the lid on my head within a week.

There's no excuse to take that long to make a helmet. If they're that busy then they should take on more staff or better equipment and they'll make more money in the long run and keep their customers happy.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Hello All
Im not sure what your all getting at, I enquired about an azimuth and was told that this model is no longer made so it seems you are getting special service.I decided to order a KRYTEN instead, having read the website details concerning delivery times i contacted 2k by phone and spoke to Steve who explained the reason for the wait, this being each helmet is made in house and to the customers own specifications I paid my money and well it was truly worth the wait as i am now in possesion of a quality product and am now at the moment having a ff2 made as my 2nd helmet.
:ph34r:

the reason for the wait, this being each helmet is made in house and to the customers own specifications

The helmets are awesome... I love my FF2 and would definitely recommend it. But I really wish they didn't bother with the custom sizing. Rawas come in standard sizes and they seem to fit people just fine. The dbox on the FF2 is sized to fit a wide variety of cameras. Just seems like they could be pumping those things out and keeping some in stock (as well as stocking gear stores).

I don't really know how custom each helmet is... they must have a limited number of molds, right? I assume they only have a certain number of sizes and they pick the closest one to each customer's measurement. All they need is head circumference... not as if they custom mold each one to the customer's head.

Mine was worth the wait and the price (almost $600 including the cutaway, installed cam eye, shipping, etc.). But it just seems like they could bring the wait time and price way down if they just made them in bulk.

Dave

I totally agree with Dave. Pay the $$ and be patient :) I guarantee its worth the wait! I chomp at the bit also when I want my new toy ... especially if its later than normal.

Kent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!

I ordered a FFX and sent them my information before I ever paid for the helmet. In between contact with them, I had a family tragedy and had to travel. I totally forgot about my order. They emailed me and told me it was ready to ship and that all they were waiting on was payment. It shipped within a day of payment and got here to the States in a very reasonable amount of time. They were very responsive to my questions and concerns and extremely helpful in every regard. My helmet is awesome and well worth any wait I endured. My guess is they really ARE extremely busy.

I'd definitely purchase from them again.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I recon there is more to this than meets the eye, stupid question but, have you paid for it yet?:$

I have to say now that i have had 3 helmets from 2k and their customer service has always been great...

Sometimes it takes a while to get a helmet made - but the quality is great and the guys have always taken care of me - even when i've wanted a custom paint job or even that time that i 'lost' one in freefall !!!

In fact they replaced the helmet that time at cost despite it being my own stupid fault ...

So please don't jump to hasty conclusions when i doubt you've met the guys - (if you had then you wouldn't have typed that comment)

I for one am really happy with this company and understand that it can be hard to keep to delivery times especially when if your staff are jumpers and the sun's shining !!! :)
So please be patient and i am sure that they will get your quality helmet to you soon ...

And 16 weeks it a lot less time than i've waited for a rig before !!! :P:P

I have had only good experience of 2K. Even for low earner (for them) jobs such as fitting a cameye or a quick release and even building a bracket to fit my HC3 (on the spot when i turned up on their doorstep) they have been brilliant.

The law of supply and demand means that sometimes we have to wait. 2K is a small operation in terms of Staff but they produce a great product and have integrity. I rate them.