tetra316

Flite Suit camera suit

Yes they do, it is a very nice set with bomber free fly pants and then a jacket, the jacket can either clip into pre-sewn rings on the pants or your hip rings. very nice set up either way, several vidiots at the DZ fly them and like them alot.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I made a set of two piece camara suit this winter. I like it due to the fact that you can just take off the top if it gets hot on the ground. Flies well. Just had to make sure that the waist area was made smaller to keep from coming up or down too much... esp on the ground.

Check if a local tailor could make you one or a rigger.

Materials cost me $27 for 6 yards of heavy duty stuff, elastic another $4 and my time of 5 hours....

Well under the other cost plus ive got pockets and all added...
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

In this same vein, I'm trying to find something to sew into my wings to stiffen them, but failing to find something that would be durable, reasonably flexible, but would stiffen the wing.
Anyone have suggestions?

Have you tried Cordura. At least doubled. Its a bit on the pricey side but paragear does time from time have some cheap stuff.. but then again it can be a color issue.

Another area would be to sew slips of plastic into the wings each cut at least half inch on top and like to 3 inches on the bottom... with a total of 4 to 5 on each wing.. sewen into its own little pocket area ... then this will be somewhat ridged and still flexable.... and they still alow for movement etc....

These are just a few that I could come up with.... to do your wings.. Unless someone else has some others...
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I did try Cordura, not heavy enough, I don't think.
I saw an older pair of wings on a suit and was too dumb to ask what they were made with. The light plastic is an idea, however.
Cost isn't too much of an object (How expensive can it really be?) Color is no issue, function over fashion.;)

Nope, not at all. What I want to do is have greater stability for myself, particularly with heavier setups.
I jumped this older suit with fairly thick wings a couple months ago, and was very surprised at how much more stable/less jittered my frames are. Wings flapping cause quite a bit of jitter. The eye doesn't really see the jitter, but the encoder does, and colors lose their richness when the final content is corrected and output. It's a very small tweak in my setup, but the small tweaks seem to make the biggest difference.

I jumped this older suit with fairly thick wings a couple months ago, and was very surprised at how much more stable/less jittered my frames are.

do you know what that suit was manufactured from? No point in reinventing the wheel if you don't need to...

and hrm... I've never noticed either of my camera jacket wings "flapping" the only jittering I've ever noticed in my videos seems to come from my helmet not being tight on my head...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

The suit was a custom job, and although I've tried to contact the guy that owned it, the email I have for him keeps bouncing back (he's overseas).
It's not my helmet, it's just how my wings flap when I go elbows-in. My Bev suit doesn't have jitter either, but the wings are also very narrow/long.
Chatting with a few other cinematographers, this isn't a new question.

As mentioned, the eye can't see the jitter. But it's very much there. It's similar to using stabilization on a tripod. If you have pixel-tracking software, you can easily see it. If it messes with the encoding (which it plainly does), then I want to eliminate as much of it as I can.
Yeah, I know...I'm drilling into the minutae. At the end of the day, that sort of thing is why I've been successful on the ground, and I want the same quality in the air.

Yeah, I know...I'm drilling into the minutae. At the end of the day, that sort of thing is why I've been successful on the ground, and I want the same quality in the air.

That's cool man... I know you are far more the expert then I am... and if you solve the problem let the rest of us in on it... :):D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Do they make the jacket with the wings sewn into the jacket? In other words fixed wings and no clips?

They can build a fixed wing or one with clips.

Also do you know if they would do booties instead on the pants?

Yes. Order a pair of the "RW separates" pants. They can also do the "RW separates" jacket with a wing instead of with grippers if you want a snugger fit through the torso than you'd get with the freefly jacket.