base801

resizing a hanson helmet

I have just purchased a hanson helmet second hand and have ripped out all the foam as it was sized for a pin head. i now need to resize it.
I am familiar with the basics as i remember a web page from the late 1990's early 2000 that showed how to do this what i need is advise and help on how i do the alignment for the cameras with the small foam blocks prior to the expanding foam filling. i want to get the angle of the top plate correct so its not pointing up or down when my head is pointing at the target object

I know its expanding foam the article mentioned a particular type does it make a difference. i was going to use low expanding as i beleive it sets stronger.

any help will be much apreciated

thanks ken.

The blocks are just to help you fit it to your head,left and right, front and back, not the camera line up. Take some small styrofoam squares and shape them to fit your head in the helmit shell, once you have the fit right to your head, then have someone shoot the foam, but remember to wrap your head. As for foam I have used a couple of kinds and they all worked fine.

Best thing about my hanson helmit was, SELLING IT! P.O.S. deathtrap IMHO. Love my FTP.:)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo