DSE

Of marginal use

And by the way... I always assumed you were wearing a rig and holding a helmet in your headshot. Whoops!

that's OK, I always thought from your avatar, that you were a red and black Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle.
Still gotta chuckle we were on a load together and didn't realize it.

We measure by lux, but we can convert to FC. Lux is easier to describe for published results. Since you can see pix, I'm not permitted to share the measurements though, until after the cam we're shooting against is released. The HC7 is being used as a best-case benchmark. you can figure out what it is though, with around 20 c's.
You'll hear more about a really sweet cam at NAB. Even though it's a back-room view only sort of launch...you'll hear about it here, and I'll see if begging gets me the license to shoot some stills.
It's already been.....nah....can't say more. :)

What is Royal .0175? Is it the one from Max Cohn's place?
Anyway, let me ask you a few questions. What do you think of Schneider Optics lenses (formerly Century Precision Optics)? I have a 0.3 fisheye and 0.55 wide angle adaptors. I am thinking of buying a converter lens in 0.6-0.7 range, and I am thinking of going with Schneider’s 0.65 W/A converter. Do you have any experience with their converters? I am very happy with their adaptor lenses.
I also own Raynox HD3030 and HD5050. They are great lenses but they are not exactly zoom thru like they advertise.
Thanks!

I have a Schneider on order from BandPro, but it hasn't come yet, so no opinion to offer. Century/Schneider have always offered pretty good product for the price, no doubt. I'm curious to see what they resolve, but I'll bet it's around 600-700 lines. Not the best, but stll quite good for skydiving without putting serious mass on the head.
I should have my lens before NAB (Next week) so will be specific when it arrives.

Hi. Have you had chance to play with the Schneider (Century) Optics converters? I am really interested to hear your pro’s opinion. Do you think they are far better than Raynox? (They are much more expensive.) I am thinking of ordering 0.65 wide angle converter lens for 37mm thread (HC7 etc). I was wondering if you could help me.
By the way, I have Raynox HD5050 and HD3030; and Century 0.3 fisheye and 0.55 wide adaptors. I think Raynox is great for the money. Even though the cases are made out of plastics.
Thanks.

I have worked with the Schneider HD converters, but only the 72mm, not the 30 or 37mm. The 72mm's don't cost too much in rez, I'd imagine the smaller adapters are pretty good as well. I'll be down at Bandpro later this week, perhaps I can steal a couple for an afternoon.

I know Laurence by his posts on several forums. He's a reasonably experienced guy, does not make his living in video/film I don't believe. Very consistent poster on a variety of subjects, he's recently discovered HDV. He's not a skydiver.
Out side of that, I don't think it's appropriate to discuss someone outside of a forum where they post, do you?

You are absolutely right. That is all I need to know. The reason I asked is that he was the only one to post his experience with century 0.65 (37mm) converter on Sony HD camera (A1), and he expressed his dislike (quite strongly) for the converter on several threads in “Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC1/3/5/7” forum. But, I did more searching and I found the same sorts of comments in “Canon HV10 / HV20 HDV Camcorders” forum. Though they all only mention the resolving power of the lens (still pictures posted), none of them mention the color and flare resistant. I just wanted to know if he was a well known century hater or something.