davidfreefly

Do You Like This Wings Suit?

Hi friedns.
What do you think about this wings? Would work fine? i film tandems an AFF. I looking for a better angle on my videos as im filming flat with a freefly suit. Whit the wings i look for a better stand up flat position. Would you think this type of wings would be good??
Thanks;)

i mean a more head up flat position. Instead of goig too flatter i look for a more head up position (while in flat) so i can get better footage (for example part of the bridle) Do you understand now?? well my english is not so good... look for the pic... :$

In that pic i explain my problem

So, would that suit (the first pic i have send) fix my problem, would that type of wing give me that fyling angle?

I think any type of wing would work for that, that's what bellyfly wings generally do? Although you'd have to arch more than in the picture otherwise you're backsliding pretty fast.

I just like the wings bigger than in the first pic, attached to harness or leg.

The backflying/sitflying BTW gives you the same POV but is easier on the neck :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

To me the wings look as if they might get in the way of your rig. I'd ask for a pic with a rig on too.

Like I said I like my wings bigger. Easier to hang in for filming from below. Why not order a suit like the pics I attached?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Go and check these guys out .
http://www.rmwjumpsuits.com/
I have a number of there suit and they rock.I'm using there camera jacket now and just got them to put bigger wings on for me (getting fatter now), posted the jacket off and had it back in 3 days,\.
I now have wings from the wrist to my leg straps now, Works great for me it is a very big wing.
Regrets are just unfulfilled dreams

I weigh over 220 lbs so I prefer swoop cords for that exra lift. Those wings would be too small for me on many tandems that are under 120 pounds

I like the swoop cords just for extra range. I can go faster and slower with them on than if I didn't use em. But I'm also a sucker who uses booties on his camera suit. So... :S

p.s. I choose and like the booties.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I would prefer bigger wings too, but the problem is the suits out there are expensive!! im looking for a cheaper option. What do you recomend?

Do like we all used to do and make your own or don't be a tight ass and buy suit, I like my tony jacket and pants, can wear with shorts too. The suit in your photo looks home made and cheap.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I am thinking about buying a EG camera suit (like the one on the pic) Im a little concerned a bout the fact of opening the main, throwing the pilot chute between the torso and the wing (on the small hole between the torso and wing) I DOnt know with that kind of wings that could be a real risk, resulting in a fucking horseshoe!! Should i go with a smaller wing, without that hole? Please friends give tips, im absolutly lost!!

You just don't throw the pilotchute in between the wings and your body :S pretty hard to do in a decent fitting modern camera suit anyway. If you do manage it, IMO you shouldn't be jumping camera.

That should be followed up with, if you do mange it, don't fuck around. Make sure you get a reserve out. A piliot chute (and possibly other things) in tow through a wing is still a high speed malfunction. Know how to unclip your wings fast and / or to get a reserve out before you die. Had someone I know die to a PC through the wing.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka