RkyMtnHigh

Tandem Videos

I ask. If we have their song request they get it. Otherwise they get told we don't have that one but I'll find one close to it and we'll use that instead.

Okay..makes sense. Looks like my laptop will be loaded with all of the requested songs as well as the latest Top 40 and other genre...Thanks:)

I use 3 tracks on my videos, and have "sets" of tunes that 'go together' with eachother and the style of video I shoot. I also shoot different styles of videos, depending on the person (young, old, boy, girl, party loving tourist, etc...) and I always ask beforehand what genre of music they like, so I can get it right from the start.
Sometimes, they bring their own music, and MAN, sometimes it's horrible. But they paid for it, and that's what they wanted.
Some people have NO taste!
One woman wanted me to put Celine Dion's "My heart will go on" over the whole thing. I did, under great duress...
IM

It's never too late for a low turn!

I use 3 tracks on my videos, and have "sets" of tunes that 'go together' with eachother and the style of video I shoot. I also shoot different styles of videos, depending on the person (young, old, boy, girl, party loving tourist, etc...) and I always ask beforehand what genre of music they like, so I can get it right from the start.
Sometimes, they bring their own music, and MAN, sometimes it's horrible. But they paid for it, and that's what they wanted.
One woman wanted me to put Celine Dion's "My heart will go on" over the whole thing. I did, under great duress...
IM

How did you choreograph something so horrible which obviously doesn't go with skydiving, lyrics or pace of the song?

Just got a new Sima mixing table and it's badass...does all sorts of fades and digital effects such as mosaic, strobe, paint, etc.....audio, stills, music etc...really cool new toyB|

How long are your videos?...you have time for four songs?.....I'm doing good to stretch out two!:D..which includes interview/intro..and slow-mo, jump and canopy/landing..

About 8-9 minutes.
With people paying 95 euro's for video and stills I figure I owe them that. I don't want to make 'em any longer because then they would become boring for family members on birthday parties...

I've never bored anybody, anywhere, at anytime with my first skydiving video. B|:P;) haha. We've all done it...right?!

Lord know the real answer should be NONE (and I like some country) ;)

But here in Okie-home we get that request every now and then. I try to avoid Tim McGraw's "Live like you were dying" but it got requested a lot a few years back.

Shania Twain's "Up" Has a decent beat. Other than that .... :S

steveOrino

IM

How did you choreograph something so horrible which obviously doesn't go with skydiving, lyrics or pace of the song?

I didn't! I COULDN'T! How could anyone? But it is what the customer wanted. I told her I didnt have that song, but she said no prob: I got the CD in the car! The end result was not nice, but she was stoked, ang I guess that is all that matters.
:( My beautiful video... RUINED... >:(

It's never too late for a low turn!

IM

I didn't! I COULDN'T! How could anyone? But it is what the customer wanted. I told her I didnt have that song, but she said no prob: I got the CD in the car! The end result was not nice, but she was stoked, ang I guess that is all that matters.

:ph34r:Well you're a good sport..a champ! ;):D Atleast you tried...:D

It was not ruined if that is what your client wanted.

A good tandem video will be all about the student, what they want and how they want it. Most will never jump again, and these pictures will be something they show their grandchildren one day.

Just think, you may be inspiring someone to make a skydive generations from now - (wow, look what great grandma did when she was young!)...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

It was not ruined if that is what your client wanted.

A good tandem video will be all about the student, what they want and how they want it. Most will never jump again, and these pictures will be something they show their grandchildren one day.

Just think, you may be inspiring someone to make a skydive generations from now - (wow, look what great grandma did when she was young!)...

Yep, I completely agree with you. I don't care if music doesn't "go" with skydiving. Anything can go with a tandem video. Its not at all about what we as skydivers think is right. It's all about what the customer wants to see. Sometimes they don't know whats right, but when it comes to music people can be pretty damn picky and having something they like is way better.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Speaking of which. ( i agree with you guys)

I had a GUY ask for the song BUTTERFLY for his video today. I said, sure," I got it" and edited it into his video.

Along with Walking on sunshine and flyaway .

Butterfly is usually a song I play while doing slo mo for a female...
My photos

My Videos

Speaking of which. ( i agree with you guys)

I had a GUY ask for the song BUTTERFLY for his video today. I said, sure," I got it" and edited it into his video.

Along with Walking on sunshine and flyaway .

Butterfly is usually a song I play while doing slo mo for a female...

Hey JT, which Butterfly are you referring to?
This one?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=89611561

or this one? I LIKE THIS ONE :)http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=142440021