Dumpster

"Portable" Photo Printer suggestions?

I like the little Epsons -- R200, R220.

The real kick in the wallet is not the price of the printer but the price of keeping it in ink. (You can buy refill kits, but my experience with color quality is not good.) There are new "high-quality" Epson printers for not much more money, but ink for them is really expensive.

HW

I have found the quality on the canon printers to be exceptionally good. I have been using my i960 for a long time. I want to upgrade to the new pro9000 but I don't have the money right now. They have some good printers in the lower price bracket as well.

Here is the page with all the info and msrps (newegg.com has them cheaper) http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=117

Make sure you buy a printer that has colorfast ink.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Defintely leaning towards Cannon -

One to take to NY with me - (Will be left with Sarah along with one of my old Sony point-n-shoots) and a higher-quality unit to print at home and maybe at the DZ if it's portable enough.

BTW - I'm Loving the Rebel XT I just got - Haven't had this much fun with a camera in a long time!

Easy Does It

get dye sublimation

kodak uses it, sony uses it and im not sure if canon does, its been a while since i worked at circuit city but when i was there kodak was the best, it had card ports, it was cheap and had the best prints. dye sublimation is the key, it lays down each color and then a protective layer.. inkjets suck. canon was the worst. dye sublimation is where its at