jumpdc

camcorder repair

Did that and they sent my pc105 back with the lcd screen not working. Besides, it was almost 300$. Could get a like new camera for that but sony is no longer making them. Just wondering if anyone knew of a place in the south east that did good work?

LOL....um.... look for my post title "fuck sony" (i think)

In the end they did a great job but it took them 3 attempts to fix my trv 22[:/]

if its within 90 days of the repaitr they will fix it for free (and reimburse you for shipping)
My photos

My Videos

Not wishing to hijack the thread, I lost the viewfinder on my PC330 on Sunday (riser, door - who knows)The fixed repair fee is >$300.00 now.

Does anyone know if I can buy this as a part? If so, where? Is it easy to fit - it looks like it was just yanked out - nothing looks broken.

G

That’s a tough one. Sony does not sell this as a complete assembly. Look at the attached exploded view and see if can figure out what got yanked. Then match the numbers of each part with their part numbers in the second attachment. I think you need #254 and #256 but that’s a guess not having the camera in hand.

If so your looking at 50 bucks vs. 300+ (see cost attachment)

Look up the part numbers at https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx for a price.

You can order them there as well.

I’ve got the complete service manual and have fixed a couple of 330’s for skydiving buddies. Very simple camera to disassemble.

The manual is a 6meg file so PM me an email and I’ll send it your way.

OK I've too much time on my hands....lol

Cheers,

Jim

Does anyone know if I can buy this as a part? If so, where? Is it easy to fit - it looks like it was just yanked out - nothing looks broken.

G

Yea, you could probably order a whole new camera from ebay. :D:Dbut then, why would you tear it aprat to fix your old one
My photos

My Videos