SLIDER

Which side mount camera

I am am going to purchase a side mount camera to do tandem video as its main job, and video for fun jump also. I'm kind of leaning to a pc style camera, maybe a 105,109 or 120. Any info would be helpful.... pros and cons

Thanks
Scott
"there's a fine line between hobby and mental illness"

I too have a pc350 I am very happy with.

Get a sony pc for side mount and whatever you can get your hands on. they don't make them anymore!

If you can get a PC9 that is in good condition that was the best one they ever made IMHO. but a few years old now.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Thanks for the information - I did look at the 350 and thought that might be a great choice if I can afford that one. Some of the other choices are a little less expensive but I certainly don't want to just go on price.

Is the PC9 compatible for using a cam eye ?

[Is the PC9 compatible for using a cam eye

Yes it is. I have just snapped up a PC9 and a PC8 (very similar but without the memory stick) on e.bay (UK) as they are becoming increasingly hard to come by. My original PC lasted ages, did a lot of jumps but the DV out socket finally quit. I would highly recommend this camera if you are just starting out. A possible problem could be in the future when you buy your next camera the accesories like batteries, chargers, cages and connectors might not be compatible. Who knows, maybe we will all be on HD by then :P

Use your wings Johnny....

all cameras with a Lanc. socket can use a cam eye.

Depends on "use". All will probably show the light, but my cam eye can't be used to turn on the PC107E's power. It works great for starting/stopping the recording and for turning off the power. A newer version than mine of the cameye should work correctly for the PC107E though.

Not that it matters for me. It is just as easy to turn on/off the power with the camera's button.

If you are looking for a Sony you can no go passed the Pc 350.
I have two and they work great. And are no way as big as the 120
Hope this helps;)

Me too... I have PC 120 now and it works good, but I would definetly go PC 350 if I was about to buy a cam now... (used I mean) I think PC 1000 has been reported to have too many problems so I choose 350

If you are thinking about a Sony PC 350 here is a ebay address where I got my last PC 350 for $700.00 Australia, which is about $550.00 US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250036860798&rd=1&rd=1

I know it's in chain but this guy was ok for us as we brought 5 camera off of him at one time.(he has NTSC as will as PAL) And this is a great price.
Hope you get what you are after good luckB|
Regrets are just unfulfilled dreams

Thanks allot for all the info - I think I'll be able to make a good decision from all the help. Anything else will still help. If anyone has got more to add It won't go to waste.

Thank you for the Link - I'll check it out

Scott