Fryzie

HC7 bite switch for stills? (while recoding)

Is there a attachment that you can plug into a HC7 to alow you to take stills while recording.? i know there is a dual record mode on this type of camera allowing you to do this but is there a switch, skydiving cord, biteswitch or something that you can attach to do this in free fall?
Im looking at buying one.. Unless anyone has a PC1000 (pal) that they want to send me..

I do believe you could modify the Sony wired LANC remote, as it has both a thumb switch for taking images and a start/stop switch for the video side. I haven't taken the time to do so, I'm not really all that motivated. But, the LANC can receive multiple instructions at the same time, so it should be possible.
Perhaps Trunk can comment, as I know he's been doing a lot with LANC and the HypEye development.

It is possible. A friend of mine programed one for me and a couple friends. It starts the video recording when you hold the swich for 2 sec, it will take a picture if you press is shortly, however you only get a low resolution picture that is only better than video because it is not interlaced.

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Bear in mind that the HC7 can shoot 4.6MP images to the card while shooting 1.7MP video to tape. The DSP allows for the higher resolution, and it really shows, IMO.
But, it's a photograph shot with a small sensor and video glass, so while it looks pretty good up to a 5x7 or even 8x10, it's not nearly as rich or deep as something shot with an XT. I just printed a couple 8x10's from the HC7 this morning (non aerial) and they look good, but not stunning.