mccordia

Bonehead Zeus

Anyone have any user info/reviews on the new Zeus from Bonehead?
(aside from 'its ugly looking', some think its cool appearantly:)

A friend of mine is looking into buying a freefly helmet, and only once in a while needs to video a few things (and prefers a topmount) and the Zeus seems like a nice choice for that (views on no cutaway aside)

Anyone have any info on how it feels on your head (fit) and if its still tight and snug on your head with a camera on top?
Having no chincup it seems like it would not be on your head as tight?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I jumped one early on, and since they were my first camera jumps, I'll admit I probably didn't understand/know much about what I was looking for.
That said;
It fit really well, made my face look funny/chubby.
Was easy to keep my eye on subject, and helmet felt very much a part of me. Although I was told it wouldn't work well as a video helmet (due to the lacking chin cup) by one of the vidiots on the dz, he was surprised when he saw the vid I came down with, and so he jumped it once himself and liked it.
The downside from my POV is that the "brim" or "lip" on the front of the helmet lifts your head a bit, and makes an odd sound (at least on my head) resulting from the wind it catches. However, the vidiot that jumped it after my jumps said he heard nothing.
Depending on your face, it's a great looking helmet. I have some extra skin on my face, so I look goofy. The younger guys with less fat look very Brad Pitt-like. :)

There is a guy here at Raeford who has gone one step farther and has installed a bristle broom aka mane on his...very Spartan looking.I think he had cameras on it at first. I'll ask him about it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I also have a thread I started on mine.... I don't hqave the time to go find it right now though.

Basically, It works great. I REALLY like the way it hugs my face, it feels very secure and intuitive. Although I would say a chin cup is a good idea, and a cutaway. I very, very much like mine.

On a lighter note, my new nickname, for now and eternity, is Magneto. People love to poke fun at the helmet... even though they really like it, haha. It is an easy target...

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/acashman19/IMG_9765.jpg

(ironic--showing of my camera helmet and the picture is out of focus....) Although I do have to agree. It is a little face-squishy. It's not the best helmet if you are gonna have pictures of yourself taken.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye