ivanrockon

Fast DVD Burner Model?

At the dz I jump is searching for a fast DVD burner. We edit tandem videos using Videonics linear editing equipment, but, the actual (SONY) DVD burner takes 5-6 minutes to finalize whatever we have edited.... too long for our taste, specially our DZO.

Someone told us that a dvd burner made by Lite-On do the finalizing in 35 seconds. I was wondering what brand/model you people use for a quick turn around in the editing department? Also, how fast it do the finalizing part?

Any help will be great.

Ivan "Rock On"

I've been using this "ILO" I bought for $130 at Walmart 2yrs ago . Unfurtunately it broke (like all of the does..) and the newer $98 version of it sucks. That one was the best among all! ...but it's not available anymore. The best advice I can give is keep buying different models at Walmart and test them. That's the way to find out which model works the best for your needs.
If you don't like them you can return them within 90 days. ...and of course keep the right one.
Now I'm using the $89 "SV2000" also from Walmart, and I started to write on to +RW discs. They cost a bit more but you don't have to finalize them. When I put a blank +RW disc into this recorder it takes about 2 minutes to prepare it (it happens automaticlly), but I always do that before I go up to make the actual jump, so that time doesn't matter.
When I finish recording onto a +RW disc this "SV2000" crap lets me eject whithin a minute (that's when I change the film in my still camera).
I've been using +RW since November and so far nobody complained. I would try this type of disk on your SONY recorder. If your recorder asking such a thing like "make the disc edit compantible with other recorders?" don't waste your time, just skip it (this way at least they won't be able to erase they tandem video at home).
-Laszlo-