bigbearfng

helmet cutaway systems

I just set up a bonehead helmet with chin cup and their cutaway mod for a sidemount hc40. I'm thinking of using hotglue to seal between the L bracket and helmet instead of just gaffers tape. Comments or suggestions on that?
Biggest question I have though is about their cutaway system; what's your assessment of it?
Has anyone actually had to use it? Did that pin pop right out?
Thanks in advance!

You can do a hanging test, put the helmet on and get on your knees, have a friend ;) stand behind you or on something and pull up on the helmet. Now use the cuttaway and see if it works.

This does not simulate the very very violent entaglement you may encounter, however you could have your friend simulate that too!!!

Stay Safe!!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

You can do a hanging test, put the helmet on and get on your knees, have a friend ;) stand behind you or on something and pull up on the helmet. Now use the cuttaway and see if it works.

This does not simulate the very very violent entaglement you may encounter, however you could have your friend simulate that too!!!

Stay Safe!!!

Arvel

OK, I'm sure I've got more than one friend that'll volunteer!!:S
So is gaffers tape suffient? Thanks!

I am not sure g-tape is suffient, test the hot glue, does it cure hard, mushy, or some thing inbetween?

It sounds messy, like you may have to do one side at a time so it does not run out the cracks.

Sorry, not much help, however; if you get someone to help with the cutaway test, please post video :P

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Recommendation: When you do this I suggest you go to the bathroom, close the door, put the toilet seat down, and close all windows and drains. When you pull the cutaway system the spring and all the lovely components may fly all over the place. It'd be great to find them again, right? :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon