m36597413

DVD with pre-recorded titles

Most any replicator can provide this; we use Evatone in Orlando, Florida. Bear in mind that the failure rate of this sort of disc is somewhat high. You'll do better having a pre-built intro or segment that you can auto-add to your burn. If the segment is DVD-compliant, it should only add a couple minutes to your final.

What is your purpose with it? Do you want pre-recorded DZ promo for tandem videos as some DZ's use to do with VHS?
If that's the goal probably just better off if all the camera staff has a same promotioanl video availble at their station and they can pre-record it. If it's going in linear as you said they can just pause recording and switch source before they start recording the tandem or aff video. It requires an extra DVD player (only $40) Of course it can become more headache if that DZ promo is few minutes long, and the staff have to deal with that every single time (deffinetly when it's gets real busy....)
-Laszlo-

This will not work if you are using a standard linear video DVD recorder like a Sony SLVD series or RDR series.

Pat

I hate that about the RDR series. Their buttons are lame. I can't even figure out how to just make the disc autoplay without the annoying generic "RDR" menu coming up.

pope

You're absolutley right. I'm really sorry I forgot to mention that option. I was thinking only about the DVD recorders without HDD (like mine)...
Another way could be if the camera staff pre-record disks for themselves on the rainy and windy days either onto an RW disk using R (+ or -) without finalizing. This will create a different menu (window) on the disk, but as far as I know it could set up as auto-play, so the promo video will start to roll without the possibility to skip it. Also these pre-recorded disks need to be used again on the same kind of machine (even if you use +/-RW still recommended). The other thing is I never really tested it with unfinalized +R disks, but I did tested it with +RW. I've been using this format lately, so I can save a few minutes with the finalization. No complain so far from the costumers...
-Laszlo-

That's exactly what we do at our DZ Lazlo, sit down, drink a beer or 2 and pre-record our promos when the weather blows or when it's slow (without the beer of course). It works out really well, you can even label the chapter title if you want. By the way one of my greatest pet-peeves is that you can't save some pre-made chapter titles, or plug a kyboard in these things. With all the useless crap they pack in you think they would have added that feature?

Pat