helge

Rawa delivery time..?

Tried mailing them, but no answer yet

Looking for a Rawa helmet, and I'm in a bit of a hurry, as I need it delivered to a US dropzone within 30 days..

Anyone know their order times, or does anyone in the US stock them? (w/PC105 box)

And, I want it in the air as soon as possible.. Can I get a cameye and a quick mount for stills pre-installed?

Aerostore is a good source. Directly from them is another way of doing it - like i did. The problem is they do NOT speak english well, and take their time in answering emails in English. I ordered in spanish/portuguese and got my helmet in less than 2 weeks. My friend in the states went to a Brazilian restaurant and ordered over his cell phone using the waiter as a translator B| he's like that. Price difference has gone down because of shipping. $220 plus shipping from Brazil (+-$50 in shipping)- $280 plus shipping form Larry (aerostore). I've dealt with both and they are all wonderful people. I haven't bought helmets from Larry - other stuff. Hope this helps.
http://www.childrenofthesky.com

Freefly!

One problem that you may always run into when ordering overseas is an item getting stuck up in customs.

I have terrible luck with this; of the 20 or so items I've purchased from overseas in my life - 5 of them got held up in customs: ussually for around 2 weeks each, in one case it was almost a month.

I ordered a helmet from Cookie composites and it got to me in around 2 weeks... I then ordered a different sized padding; which was mailed the next day; and the padding took a month to get to me - it got held up at US customs. It arrived in new york - they shipped it to washington state, then flown to alaska and held up in "Fish and Wildlife customs", and then finally to Chicago.

When I got the package there was no indicaton that they opened it. I almost wish that you could write something on the package that would allow them to open the package and look at the contents instead of taking 3 weeks to do some kind of chemical / scent / xray tests.... or whatever it is that they do.

When customs gets involved, you really can't blame the merchant - although after having done some research it does help to make sure that they fill out the forms accuratly. Partially completed forms are more likely to get stopped.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.