betsi

Post your "homemade" helmet...

He for those who didnt want to spend money on helmet, or Dbox, L, cut away systems and decided to make them themself..
I have seen some on DZ, and whou! Some are great and ingenious...

For those, who are proud of they realisation, post a pic!

He for those who didnt want to spend money on helmet, or Dbox, L, cut away systems and decided to make them themself..
I have seen some on DZ, and whou! Some are great and ingenious...

Here is my bullet camera mounted on a Z1 fullface helmet. There still lots of work to do with it.

The first 2 pics are from the Nvertigo clone I've finished today.

I borrowed a clean helmet from a friend and made a plaster copy of that. after some modifications on the plaster shape I laminated it with fiberglass and carbon fiber and epoxy.

Finished with black lacquer, and after some more filling of imperfections ands sanding it to make it more smooth, i decided to sand it after the final layer of black paint and sand parts of it off so it will look a bit more "damaged" ( It also draws so much attention to the imperfections the imperfections themselves don't seem so obvious)

The chin cup is a part a mate had lying around.

I am planning to make some kind of box after i've decided on the camera.

Pic # 3 is from a Z1 clone I did 2 years ago, Bought a 2nd hand visor, and worked on a plaster copy of a real one i borrowed.

Sadly enough i never could get the closing system just right. (opens up while spotting our c 182) so I ended up buying a 2nd hand Z1 and painting it the way I wanted.

Also in pic # 3 in the right top corner you can see my first home made helmet i did in 2004 :) Stopped using it since i started using full face. I found it unusable to mount a camera setup because the thing is so "lumpy"

Enjoy watching my 2nd hobby :) either the Nvertigo and the Z1 clone cost me roughly 30-40 hours to finish,

This includes Making the plaster copy, the helmet, finishing the helmet, making the padding, lining the helmet with neoprene face/neck flaps

Both helmets have cost about € 100 (~ $ 120)to build ... ( including the chin cup( nvertigo clone) and visor( Z1 clone) this is well worth the effort considering both helmets cost about € 250 over here.
--------

www.youtube.com/l0013