grue

Is 2K the only company with fully-enclosed camera boxes?

In the reasonably-near future (4-6 months) I'll probably start wanting to fly camera. I am, however, not really big on the idea of losing a camera to riser slap, or worse yet, having a nasty snag on my helmet. So after looking around a bit, the only camera helmets that seem to be an all-in-one design are from 2K Composites.

is this right, or did I miss some?
cavete terrae.

No they are not the only ones,but for value for money thats what i bought.
B|

Ouch. At over $400, I wasn't exactly considering them a good value myself, but I guess that's the name of the game. I think it's going to end up being cheaper for me to get a Viosport Adventurecam 3 bulletcam setup and mount it to my current helmet than it will be to go buy a brand new helmet. The only problem is that is that then I'm going to end up with the wire between my helmet and my body.
cavete terrae.

I think it's going to end up being cheaper for me to get a Viosport Adventurecam 3 bulletcam setup and mount it to my current helmet than it will be to go buy a brand new helmet. The only problem is that is that then I'm going to end up with the wire between my helmet and my body.

That is my way too. But it is not really cheaper. You might not need a more expensive camcorder with AV-in than the basic model. You might need belt pack for the camera, batteries for the bullet cam, a Cameye Sport and a custom, low profile AV cable too. And finaly the picture quality might not be as good either.